1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone using this Clarion?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by saltymike, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Oct 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    saltymike

saltymike [OP] Member

Member:
  2. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    You really can't go wrong with Clarion. I have installed some in the past and have nothing but good things to say. Check out Crutchfield, they offer free wire harness and adapter, most times. Seems like a decent price that you have found, though I haven't looked anywhere else.

Good luck

3. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    Don't forget you'll have to buy some sort of adapter for the steering wheel remote controls.

4. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    KAPendley

KAPendley Best Hack I Know

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    96 2WD V6 Extended Cab
    Shaved, Lowered,Airbrushed (some)
    Clarion is good product, I carried the line in my old store. Rarely had a failure, but most HU's (brandname) normally do fine when installed correctly. Have fun with it!!

5. Oct 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    saltymike

saltymike [OP] Member

Member:
    i have 2001, no wheel controls. is there any way to tell if i need the iso bracket and sleeve?

6. Oct 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    Ocean's

Ocean's Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have clarion in my Boat with AMp and 6 speakers, and it Jam's! For those little co-Axial's 6" it sounds like i have subs. It is very clear and plays Clear when the volume is way up. Hardly any distortion.

I am jut starting to do research on HU's and hope to have Seperate component's and multi amp system installed...

7. Oct 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    How do you guys get those head units to fit. I have an 06 reg cab prerunner with the stock silver head unit. Do you cut a hole in the plastic overlay of the whole dash unit or what.?:confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top