1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

whine in audio

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tntacoma, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Jan 7, 2010 at 2:26 AM
    tntacoma

tntacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    tn
    I have my new audio system installed. looks good (thanks for the input from here) and sounds good at a decent volume. the problem is at low volume or no volume ( as in volume turned all the way down with head unit still on) it has a engine whine noise, how do I get rid of this? Set up, power wire down the middle console, speaker wires on the out side channel by the door.
    thanks in advance.

2. Jan 7, 2010 at 2:58 AM
    zanodave

zanodave Well-Known Member

Member:
    so il
    Vehicle:
    07speedwayblue
    have you double checked your ground? next i would check your rca cables

3. Jan 7, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    Kevin20

Kevin20 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma
    Complete Stereo Upgrade, Python 991 remote start, security, and aftermarket door locks, K&N cold air intake, cherry bomb dual out muffler, sway away 2.0 coilovers and skyjacker 3 inch leaf springs
    I know some decks have problems with the grounding of their RCA's on the back of them and they need to be regrounded. Pioneers are the comapany that have the main problem with it. just an idea

4. Jan 7, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    tntacoma

tntacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    tn
    I think I may have found the problem. ( thanks wolfpack for the link) It is the ground on my amp. I grounded to a bolt that is body grounded and not frame grounded if that explanation makes any sense to anyone, moved ground and is all good so far.

5. Jan 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    There have been countless threads with people asking this same exact question. 99% of the time it is the ground wire. I promise you there is no interference from any power wires.

Check your ground and maybe consider moving it. I also recommend using a multi meter to find a good location.

Products Discussed in

To Top