1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dash stereo mounting piece?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tmbrwlf730, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Mar 19, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    tmbrwlf730

tmbrwlf730 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    el paso, tx
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 Double Cab Long Bed
    added oem skid plate, oem tow hook, avid offroad side steps
    hey guys, i'm about to install an aftermarket stereo into my 2nd gen tacoma but i'm confused on which replacement piece to use for the dash piece that you have to trade out when you install an aftermarket stereo. i see ********* has some but they don't say which manufature they use so i'm curious if i could find the same piece for less somewhere else online. and looking at different sites it seems that they all suck from reading the reviews. which do you all have? i'm interested in a textured one to match the stock texturing. should i just go with *********?

2. Mar 20, 2010 at 6:39 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    I read a lot of negative things about Taco Tunes lately. No first hand experience though.

The textured kit is manufactuered by Metra. The other kit is made by Scoshe (sp?).

I did not like the look of the metra kit, and the Scoshe has a larger storage cubbie for the single DIN setup.

Check out Crutchfield.com. They have everything you need, very competative pricing, and fantastic customer service. Even if you don't buy from them, they are a great resource for doing research.

3. Mar 20, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I just added an aftermarket with Metra kit from crutchfield. It was free with a wiring harness with the purchase of the headunit. I saw black Scoshe kits for toyota selling at walmart. Amazon & ebay has them too.

My metra kit was textured & I opted for black instead of silver I like the contrast & used the factory metal mounting brackets rather than the plastic set up with the sleeve.

There is a thread that shows a lot of the installs & pics are in my gallery. The whole setup from Crutchfield w/ HU was $109 shipped. I believe TT is a little more. Good luck either way & post pics! :)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Mar 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    C17Guy

C17Guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Charleston, SC/ Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Readylift Kit, 245/75/16, HID's, Debadged, Kenwood DNX9960 Double Din Navigation, Image Dynamics Door Components, Pioneer Amp, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Grillcraft Uppers and Lowers
    I purchased my textured (silver) Metra kit from Amazon. Think it was like $30 but was fairly decent kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top