1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBL Head Unit, can I upgrade w/out replacing?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by madisonsfinest, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jun 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    madisonsfinest

madisonsfinest [OP] Addicted to my DSLR

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC OffRoad 4x4 Debaged
    Factory Roof Rack Avid Offroad Light Bar 16" XD Hoss Truxedo LoPro QT Window Tint Autobot Emblem w/Autobot Shifter Color Matched Grille
    OK, so I have the JBL Headunit with 6 discs, bluetooth, xm, and rear camera. You have to turn this thing up quite a bit to get any decent sound, and it sounds like its straining to produce any quality sound. I'm thinking a more powerful amp would help this set up. I believe it has a built in amp already, is it possible to add another amp?

I've looked at replacing the head unit, but all of the harnesses, bluetooth, & camera would cost more than I want to pay. I'm fine with the stock bluetooth, and back up camera.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Jun 26, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    madisonsfinest

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    Factory Roof Rack Avid Offroad Light Bar 16" XD Hoss Truxedo LoPro QT Window Tint Autobot Emblem w/Autobot Shifter Color Matched Grille
    I added the camera because I would not be able to use the stock one with a new head unit, right? I have an Alpine amp sitting around so that shouldn't be a big deal. So how would I bypass the stock amp? Sorry I don't know much about car audio.

3. Jun 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    madisonsfinest

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top