Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Reg cab Avid's installed

Old 10-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #21
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby9999 View Post
I have just received a set of weld ons and am waiting to treat them. Correct about the gussets. They are supposed to point up. This has nothing to do with the angle that the OP used. The support tubes on the weld ons are seperate. So there is no right or left up or down except for the gussets. I don't know anything about the bolt ons so if they are bolt ons than sorry.
Those sound like the DIY ones demello sells.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
Alby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud of
Name: Alby
Alby9999's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, a lot more work but you can angle them any way you want and the price was good. I have a place that is going to hot dip galvanize them so they do not rust inside or out. I never heard of any one doing that so it will be interesting.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #23
Reepur is on a distinguished road
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, Hey guys, thanks for the responses! Good to stir things up! Let me clear something up...

The sliders are Avid weld-on's. The gusseted mounts came detached allowing me to weld the bars on at a 30% downward angle. They are on the right sides. Just down instead of up against the rocker panel. Why?

I did this because next year I will be installing the 6" Pro Comp lift. I can use em as a step then. (Getting old, hard to climb anymore!)

Also, who ever has speed bumps that high need to call the state!

The light bar is from Avid. I just had Brandon add the loops around the fogs.
The Fogs still are functional, only the upper part of the beam is blocked kinda.