Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

AVID Light bar...

Old 04-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #21
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
i got mine professionally line-x'd, it has held up great for 9 months now, no chips or damage of any kind, and ive even pushed over a 4" thick tree with it
i dont even know where i would try to do that here, im from a smaller town in flatland SD, not a lot of pros. I would rather do it myself, i was thinkin that roll-on or spray-on bed liner stuff?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #22
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
i dont even know where i would try to do that here, im from a smaller town in flatland SD, not a lot of pros. I would rather do it myself, i was thinkin that roll-on or spray-on bed liner stuff?
ive never used the roll on stuff before, but, DO NOT use the spray on truck bed liner from a spray paint can. it is a COMPLETE waste of money. it doesnt work at all, not for shit.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #23
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I removed my Aries bull bar last weekend. I plan on eventually getting the Avid bar.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #24
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
ive never used the roll on stuff before, but, DO NOT use the spray on truck bed liner from a spray paint can. it is a COMPLETE waste of money. it doesnt work at all, not for shit.
good to know, I'm at a bit of an impass now, the light bar is on order finally, and i'll be lining it with..... haha i'll keep lookin!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #25
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Bought my AVID Off Road Lightbar for people who parallel park by braille.
Very sturdy, doesn't move or flex.
But, I ain't banged inta nuttin' and ain't been banged inta.
Saw Pics, months back, of one that took a glancing blow that just cause minor damage to the bar.
Well made product, Powder Coated Mine.
And I can't say enough good things about Brandon

CC
Old 01-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #26
khickerson is on a distinguished road

Army: E-5 2nd armored cav, Attached 18th air borne 1995
Name: Keith
khickerson's Tacoma Gallery
light bar

Just got my light bar today, fit and finish is top notch, a big thanks to Brandon and the guys at aivd. Awesome work
Old 02-27-2014, 06:46 AM   #27
GroupW is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
GroupW's Tacoma Gallery
What about aftermarket skids?

Previous posted pics all seem to have stock skid plates. Anyone added one of these to a truck with aftermarket skids? How much approach angle does it take away?
Old 02-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #28
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Just ordered! Any tips on coating?
w8n4mud, did you coat the bottom part of your bumper yourself? I like...
Better late than never... nope. I had Line-X coat the bottom of the bumper. Same as the avid. Sorry for keeping you in suspense this whole time.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #29
Easton 16 is on a distinguished road
Name: Easton
Easton 16's Tacoma Gallery
Avid light bar

Does anybody know if the bar will fit on a 2014 tacoma?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #30
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton 16 View Post
Does anybody know if the bar will fit on a 2014 tacoma?
Yes sir, we have one for the 2005-2011 and also a 2012-2014. The 2012+ products will fit the 2014.