Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Three 9" lights on the Avid Light Bar?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
scollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Scott
scollins's Tacoma Gallery
Three 9" lights on the Avid Light Bar?

I'm getting three 9" HIDs from Vision X for an awesome deal through a connection I've got. I had originally planned on getting the N-Fab DRP Light Cage. But they are still about 2 months out on having those available (or longer), and I'm the impatient type so.....

So I'm exploring other options, and your Light Bar is quite appealing, especially with the TW special offer going.

The question is, can I fit three 9" lights on the top cross bar, or on the lower cross bar? The specific light is the Vision X HID-8500 series. The lights are 9" from the base to the top of the light, 5.25" from lens to back, and they say it requires 3.25" of mounting depth. They are also 8.7" wide.
http://www.visionxusa.com/HID-8500/c...duct_info.html

If possible, I'd rather have them along the lower cross bar.

Thoughts?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
scollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Scott
scollins's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody? I guess I should try and contact Avid directly, since they don't seem to monitor their own sub-forum.....

Old 01-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, we've been pretty busy lately and I haven't been able to get on TW as often as I'd like to. Emails are a quicker response. (brandon@avidoffroad.com)
The 9" lights will fit across the top hoop. Knowing the measurements of the lights your planning on using, we can set up the light tabs accordingly. So send me an email if you decide to order and I'll make sure the light tabs get set up for your lights. Thx.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery