Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

So far, not impressed with Avid

Old 06-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #21
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
must be a Jersey thing
those people from the east coast...
Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #22
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery
New Jersey:

We don't pump our gas, we pump our fists
Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #23
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg589 View Post
New Jersey:

We don't pump our gas, we pump our fists
Old 06-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #24
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Brandon over at Avid is a hell of a guy! He come's out to our MOD Days and Meets whenever he's free! My personal experience with him has always been awesome!

OP, your Light Bar looks great and props for welding your own tabs
Old 06-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #25
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
the pros outweighed the cons considering one of the cons you listed wasn't their fault.

its only a cosmetic light bar.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #26
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Expecting mine monday, i will admit mine took quite a while also BUT i have absolutely no qualms, brandon kept me updating and even said sorry it took longer than expected when he coulda just let me wait n wonder. Good to see it on red, i was a little apprehensive to be honest but it looks good!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #27
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
I concur with everyone here. I have been in contact with Brandon a few times over the last few weeks. He has called me back promptly with great customer service, excellent product, stellar prices. Mr. OP, when you say things like that, please expect us to take offense and stand up for the guy. You say we act like he's our best friend or brother...well thats exactely the way I see it. He is a brother in that realm and we like to think of the people that do us right as friends. So maybe in the realm of reality, you should revaluate which bear you poke and how big your stick is. It doesn't sound like his fault at all.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #28
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just would've liked to see better wetting and penetration.
No "what she said" jokes yet? I am surprised at the maturity level displayed in this thread...
Old 06-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #29
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
No "what she said" jokes yet? I am surprised at the maturity level displayed in this thread...
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
OP - you can edit all day long - you handled the situation, provoding the correct information to the forum in the wrong manner, especially getting the facts in your post correctly about a supplier to the forum members. as I said earlier ...you are still on the list of TOOLS.
Whats "uncalled for" are insults to me. I did nothing wrong. This is a forum. People write and read to help themselves and others with their vehicle. I felt the need to explain my experience with a company. I'm actually glad that I'm the only one that had problems. Evryone is stating how they were kept up to date about their order. I felt I was kept in the dark.

So lets keep the maturity level where it has been for the most part. We are all adults, So act like it.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:12 AM   #30
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post

^This. Don't lump all of us in with those fist-pumping guido bitches!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:57 AM   #31
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
This should have just been PM and contact from customer to seller. I believe that is why people got bent about the thread. No reason for fodder threads like this unless no contact, no product received after longer period of time. That would sum it up for me. Others may think differently about it and that's just fine. Bar looks great. Enjoy!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #32
JimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura aboutJimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura about
JimmyBuckets's Tacoma Gallery
That's what she said
Old 07-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #33
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Still lookn good

Old 08-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #34
snowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ted
snowshredder555's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know no one will care, But I installed my bar today. Here's a pic:

I welded my own light tabs to it:

I'm curious if you have a close up of the welds for your self installed light tabs? I'd really like to see how level they are to the rest of the lite bar and the truck it-self. Trying to get some ideas here and some know how. If you dont have pictures handy, would you mind taking some and posting em up here? Also, what kind of welder did you use and what were your settings? Wire size: .023/ .030/ .035? Shielding gas mixture? And settings on the regulator? What gauge steel did you use and did you drill the mounting hole for the lite's or did you punch them in a press?

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:12 AM   #35
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
micheal the light bar looks good, nice choice! avid makes some cool stuff. don't worry about the "idaho tool" he's got his name first on his list besides ya dont see his name in red. prolly just ball suckin the avid guys hopin for a better price
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #36
Goflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Goflight2's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my sliders from Avid, and just wanted to put in my .02. They maybe took a week longer than i had hoped, but not any longer than i was told. Love them so much, considering a new light bar from Brandon as well. Some people on this thread want to hide behind their computer like pussies, and try to disparage hard working vendors, trying to shame them into getting something for free. Fucking irritates me.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #37
Coma2010 will become famous soon enoughComa2010 will become famous soon enough

Name: Dustin
Coma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post

WIN
MAN! Your truck is set up just like I would like to set up mine! Your right it is a win. Now I need to make some more money and mod up my Taco!