Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

I just got mine Light Bar and Step Rails

Old 07-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #22
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Thank you
I am going to go with the Avid light bar and steps
great choice!

picking up my back bumper tonight... im so stoked
Old 07-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #23
GeoTaco1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Geo
GeoTaco1's Tacoma Gallery
Comparison PIcs

It definetaly looks complete with the Avid Bars (fron & step rails).

Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #25
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
Going to pickup my light bar and side rail steps from Brandon's shop tomorrow. I can't decide if I should gloss black or flat black Rustoleum rattlecan. Any suggestions? Does one wear better than the other?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #26
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrdave36 View Post
Going to pickup my light bar and side rail steps from Brandon's shop tomorrow. I can't decide if I should gloss black or flat black Rustoleum rattlecan. Any suggestions? Does one wear better than the other?

For sliders.......steps/rails

Flat will hide dents/dings.....gloss will amplify them.

Gloss may fade........flat is already flat

Gloss will highlights scuffs......flat will not pickup the light as much and hide em.

............I've always used rustoleum flat, or hammered black. The last thing u want imho is a shiny smooth paint, its just gunna highlight imperfections, which u will get even if u don't offroad much.

Just my 2 pennies.

Lightbar is powdercoated on mine....

Even my lightbar is only powdercoated semigloss.....its fairly flat honestly.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #27
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about the double post. I'm using my wife's tablet and it logs me off after I post a message. I didn't know it posted though....

If I could find a semi gloss I'd probably go with that. I don't like the textured finishes...they seem to collect too much dirt and/or dust for me. At least that is my experience with that type of finish on motorcycle parts.

I don't mind carrying an extra can of spray paint to fix dings. And I'm well past the age the cops would think the paint was for gaffitti!

If I do the 2 coats Primer and 3 or more coats of paint on the light bar and step rails how many cans of each should I pickup on my way home from Avid?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #28
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrdave36 View Post
Sorry about the double post. I'm using my wife's tablet and it logs me off after I post a message. I didn't know it posted though....

If I could find a semi gloss I'd probably go with that. I don't like the textured finishes...they seem to collect too much dirt and/or dust for me. At least that is my experience with that type of finish on motorcycle parts.

I don't mind carrying an extra can of spray paint to fix dings. And I'm well past the age the cops would think the paint was for gaffitti!

If I do the 2 coats Primer and 3 or more coats of paint on the light bar and step rails how many cans of each should I pickup on my way home from Avid?

Thanks
Can't touch the "quantity" question, sorry.....I had the bar powdered, and sliders were done years ago.

I can say that carrying paint isn't a good idea......punctures or all windows up on a sunny day may cause a terrible interior mess.

Again, just my 2 pennies