Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Just put some finishing touches on my Avid setup

Old 09-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Just put some finishing touches on my Avid setup

I promised Brandon and Ted some pictures once everything was painted up and buttoned down so here they are. Brandon does amazing work and not only made my concept a reality but added all sorts of really cool features that made these better than I had ever hoped.

Can't wait to get started on our next project Avid! Thanks again!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
xSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xSectionxEightx's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great man
Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Josh.. Looks even better all painted and installed. I see you gave into the abuse and painted the area behind the bumpers... Looks great. Now onto your next project..
Old 09-07-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
That is a sexy reg cab
Old 09-07-2011, 01:57 AM   #6
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
More pics of the rear bumper? Looks like they rapped around into that dead zone, trucks looks good.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:09 AM   #7
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Josh that looks awesome! And I agree with Brandon's work! We should start the "Almighty Brandon from Avid Off Road Thread" and add pics of his awesome work
Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
xSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xSectionxEightx's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to get some Avid Sliders for my truck!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Josh that looks awesome! And I agree with Brandon's work! We should start the "Almighty Brandon from Avid Off Road Thread" and add pics of his awesome work

this sounds like a great idea!!

awesome bumpers josh! and i agree with avids work! amazing stuff!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonaz View Post
Thanks Josh.. Looks even better all painted and installed. I see you gave into the abuse and painted the area behind the bumpers... Looks great. Now onto your next project..
Yes indeed, I'm glad I listened, I think it looks more "finished" now. Forgot to mention some dipshit already backed in to the front bumper. It held up 100% as expected, but they scratched my damn spray paint. I wonder what it did to their ride.

I can't wait to get started on the next project! Already saving my pennies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
More pics of the rear bumper? Looks like they rapped around into that dead zone, trucks looks good.
Not the greatest but it's all I've got right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
I think that's a great idea!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Love the rear tube bumper, best I've seen for the 2nd gen. Front looks great too....Maybe a slim fill plate between tube and bottom of grill kinda like on the back that has the 3 holes in it?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
I put my Avid artwork to the test yesterday for the second time (some idiot backed in to my front bumper/light hoop previously and messed their ride up pretty bad and only scratched my spray paint ) but this time the abuse was self-inflicted

Basically, there was a crazy hill at Butcher Jones that was slick as hell and came complete with some gnarly ruts. Scott's stock chrome bumper bent like a pretzel and pushed upwards from just catching on the ground for a moment as he powered through it. My tractionless 4-banger actually slipped sideways and rolled backwards down the hill into a huge dip and came to rest on the lowest point of my Avid back bumper...

For all intents and purposes, the full weight of the truck was on the smallest diameter and least reinforced part of my bumper...

After driving out of the rut, I was shocked to see that the bumper itself was totally and completely unaffected. The gaps between the bumper and my bedsides/quarter panels/tail lights are still exactly the same from side to side.

My paint job is a little worse for wear but I am SO happy with the looks and performance of my Avid bumpers and sliders!!

Old 09-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #13
snowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowshredder555 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ted
snowshredder555's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonaz View Post

^^x2^^ what he said.

Like the testament of the rear bumper....send yer buddy over for us to out fit him to.

-Ted
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #15
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
looks great!

I used your front as an example for designing my Avid Offroad bumper that I am having built right now for my first gen prerunner!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #16
zomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the rough

zomg's Tacoma Gallery
What is the price & build time on the rear bumper?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
DPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dylan
DPR921's Tacoma Gallery
Yea what do those front bumpers cost.. im interested!