Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Finishing Avid Steps and Light Bar

Old 11-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
mich3210 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
mich3210's Tacoma Gallery
Finishing Avid Steps and Light Bar

I just got my 2012 and I'm looking at upgrades. I know I want some tube steps and a light bar. I really like the looks of the Avid's. They look like they come unfinished. How are others going about finishing them? Spray paint like rustoleum, spray or roll on bed liner or are you getting them powder coated? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Don't use herculiner. Especially since it says youre upstate NY. Salt will eat right through it. Rattle can it or go with line-x.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
mich3210 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
mich3210's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I love the looks of the light bar and steps. Guess I should see if I can find any local places that do powder coating. I'd rather do things myself to save some $$. However if I do it myself it would have to be spray can or undercoating.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
if ur gunna run sliders, spray them with rustoleum hammered black...it will hide knicks, dents, scrapes which u WILL get even if it stay on the road....hell u can even get a nice scrape from some dipshits door flying open. But all u have to do is touchup with a spray can . (your repair, pennies and seconds) (their repair, body shop)

I got brandons light bar powdercoated semigloss black for about 90 bucks

not much, but its all I got...........Im not big on pics

I am trying to make my mind up on the light bar. I would like to just get one order shipped so I don't have to bug him twice. Hard decision especially dishing out a pay check.