Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Lights for my light bar

Old 11-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Lights for my light bar

So - after a lot of looking and some saving I ordered my Avid light bar -- the simple one that hugs the stock bumper. My question/request is that any of you that have them suggest me a light setup - I had two tabs added and I am looking to add two lights. Also, if you have any ideas for switches/mounting switch -- I have an Off Road and all the swtiches seem to be occupied?!?!

Thanks for your help -- this forum RULES!!

Oh - got the word that my lightbar shipped today so I will have to take it to the powdercoater and up to another place for the lights/install...
Old 11-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Are you look for fogs, driving lights etc? I'm going to wire my fogs so that they come on when my head lights do. A lot easier then running a switch.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking of fogs. I think the most utility would be the fog light for me - slow off road or inclimate driving in the rain/snow in the Northwest. Thanks for the idea and reply!!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
i have hella 500ff on the same bar. As for switches i ordered the oem one off of ebay for $20, only thing is i dont know where u could put it, as your slots are full, mine were not. The full hella kit comes with a switch, if u decide to go that root.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Got the KC Daylighter 130w driving lights and really happy. 120.00 amazon.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Whats your budget on l
Old 11-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid phone. Whats your budget on lights? You could run Hella 500s with a 3500k hid for 100 dollars to your door. Contact Muy Grande for that set up. Do you plan on running the fogs all the time when your head lights are on or just part of the time?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #8

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
5150 & Pk -- thanks for the input and pics!! My budget is around $300 for lights - think that is reasonable from looking around the interweb and some shopping....would plan on running light "as needed"....
Old 11-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #9

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedback!!!!! My bumper arrived today - off to powder coating tomorrow and then up to local truck store for lights & install!! Will post pics -- getting color matched grill surround put on in the morning along with 5k maintenance. Happy wheeling!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #10

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Well, it got done today! Dropped it off at the powder coater last week and got the call last night it was done. Picked it up and took it over to over to our local 4WheelParts to put it on and picked out lights to go on as well. I got the PIAA 520 Ion and am very pleased with how the bumper works - the lights look - and there is no problem in my garage!! Thanks, AVID, for a quality product and the guy @ the store said he really liked the bumper too!!! Sorry for the iPhone pic but wanted to get something up - will probably go out this weekend and take some in the snow!!

As for the future - since the picture in my sig - I have gotten the windows tinted and the grill surround color matched (you can see that in this pic)....next? Black badges and then will seriously consider a 3" lift with new wheels/tires -- black, of course!!

Attached Thumbnails
Lights for my light bar-avid-lights.jpg  
Old 12-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #11

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Better pic of bar/lights....
Attached Thumbnails
Lights for my light bar-img_0587.jpg   Lights for my light bar-img_0589.jpg   Lights for my light bar-img_0591.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Is there anything keeping the PIAA 520 ions from being mounted upside down in the Avid bar? Looks good!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #13

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Is there anything keeping the PIAA 520 ions from being mounted upside down in the Avid bar? Looks good!
Thanks!! I really do like the look and quality of the bar!! Don't see any reason you could not mount them any way you like -- maybe a reason to get four tabs when/if you order a bar - two up and two down??
Old 01-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What did you get, driving pattern or fog pattern? I have the 520 ion driving lights and really like them. If aimed properly, they'll outshine the high beams no sweat!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #15

Army:
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What did you get, driving pattern or fog pattern? I have the 520 ion driving lights and really like them. If aimed properly, they'll outshine the high beams no sweat!
If that's for me - I got the fog and I have just ordered the high intensity driving lights to take the place of the factory driving lights in the bumper. I like the stoneguard look in the lights in the bumper. The lights on the Avid are great and the lightbar/bumper is really nice!! Taking measurements to see if the rear will fit in the garage!!

Post pics when you get them!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetDep View Post
If that's for me - I got the fog and I have just ordered the high intensity driving lights to take the place of the factory driving lights in the bumper. I like the stoneguard look in the lights in the bumper. The lights on the Avid are great and the lightbar/bumper is really nice!! Taking measurements to see if the rear will fit in the garage!!

Post pics when you get them!!!!
I've had mine on for a couple years now, I was just curious what you got. I also don't have an Avid bar, I went with Nfab for a more low profile bar. I've got 4 520 series driving lights mounted up now, it's like driving in broad daylight

Here's an old pic, the outter 2 black lights have been replaced with 2 like the middle:
Old 03-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to get my Avid bar!