Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

M@#^*r F*&$^n Sliders!!

Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #21
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1ssdv View Post
i'm gonna resurrect the f%$# out of this thread.

I'm looking at getting some sliders and I was debating between painting and powdercoating. What kind of paint are you guys using? and why did you not powdercoat?
Also, when the welder grinds the frame down to metal, do you put anything on there for rust protection? paint and primer maybe?

thanks guys
I used the Rust-Oleum flat black with primer for my Avid sliders. I used the same paint to cover the areas of bare metal where they were welded as well. I used this out of fear that my Hi-lift would scratch the powder coating off and there's no removing the welded sliders for touch ups.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #22
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1ssdv View Post
i'm gonna resurrect the f%$# out of this thread.

I'm looking at getting some sliders and I was debating between painting and powdercoating. What kind of paint are you guys using? and why did you not powdercoat?
Also, when the welder grinds the frame down to metal, do you put anything on there for rust protection? paint and primer maybe?

thanks guys
I just used black rustoleum hammered spray paint too. Easy to touch up and inexpensive. I just hit the spots that he grinder down on the frame with the same paint. Think this paint stops the rust process, at least just prevents moisture and air from getting to the bare metal.