Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

M@#^*r F*&$^n Sliders!!

Old 11-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
M@#^*r F*&$^n Sliders!!

Just sent the deposit to Brandon for my sliders!

The armor process begins!!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Cool!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Getting them installed tomorrow.

Will posts pics of them being welded and what not; simply because I won't have much else to do while I am waiting around for them.

Thinking about using that rustoleum hammered black spray paint when it comes time to paint.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
You will likey
Old 12-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery

Can't wait to see them on the truck.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #6

Firefighter:
Welp, they're on!! Just gotta paint em.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting some soon from him......still a couple months away though! How do you like them?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
Mudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I've been wanting sliders since purchasing my truck, but wanted to do suspension and tires first.

The instalation looks clean! that dude does nice work
Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
medictrack will become famous soon enoughmedictrack will become famous soon enough
Name: Bill
medictrack's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great, I cant wait to get mine ordered them last October from Relentless
Old 01-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Question.. why are you getting them painted after they are already welded on? Seems like a lot of work.
x2, I would think that it'de be easier to paint most of it, weld, than hit paint over the weld area. Oh well, Im sure there is a reason and it isn't going to be that hard
Old 02-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #11

Firefighter:
Oops forgot about this thread.

I drove an hour and a half to his shop and didn't really feel like making two trips, with gas prices and my time being somewhat valuable to me. So I just had him put them on, came home, and painted em. Wasn't really that bad, just hit it from all angles with a big piece of cardboard behind what I was painting so overspray wouldn't get anywhere.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
gt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: BT5
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
Paint for sliders?

Since the steel comes from Avid Off Road unpainted I was thinking it might be a good idea to first paint with red oxide than your color coat. What ya'll think?

gt40

PS: How long have you had to wait from ordering to delivered to home? I was told about 5 weeks. Is that accurate or will it be longer?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #13
Betty Blue
Fennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: VFA
Name: Matt
Fennywald's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Oops forgot about this thread.

I drove an hour and a half to his shop and didn't really feel like making two trips, with gas prices and my time being somewhat valuable to me. So I just had him put them on, came home, and painted em. Wasn't really that bad, just hit it from all angles with a big piece of cardboard behind what I was painting so overspray wouldn't get anywhere.
Ditto, this is exactly why i didn't paint mine until i got back. I had to drive almost 4 hours, but Kevin from ATO does great work! Wish i could have had time to thoroughly paint before the install tho.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40 View Post
Since the steel comes from Avid Off Road unpainted I was thinking it might be a good idea to first paint with red oxide than your color coat. What ya'll think?

gt40

PS: How long have you had to wait from ordering to delivered to home? I was told about 5 weeks. Is that accurate or will it be longer?
I think it was like four or five weeks after ordering that they were ready to be picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fennywald View Post
Ditto, this is exactly why i didn't paint mine until i got back. I had to drive almost 4 hours, but Kevin from ATO does great work! Wish i could have had time to thoroughly paint before the install tho.
Christ I'm glad I didn't have to drive four hours one way, was shipping really that expensive? Or two hours each way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
I painted mine after install too, along with the frame. Then it seemed like a good idea to go nuts and paint the fender wells, UCAs and LCAs, rear axle, etc. It was a good excuse to turn my scratched up, faded, grayish 5-year-old underbody into something worth looking at again.
Yeah it's easy to get crazy with the paint. Luckily I was to lazy after painting my sliders to do anything else.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #16
heavy user
mm1ssdv is on a distinguished road

Navy: nuke sub mechanic / diver
Name: Chris
mm1ssdv's Tacoma Gallery
i'm gonna resurrect the f%$# out of this thread.

I'm looking at getting some sliders and I was debating between painting and powdercoating. What kind of paint are you guys using? and why did you not powdercoat?
Also, when the welder grinds the frame down to metal, do you put anything on there for rust protection? paint and primer maybe?

thanks guys
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1ssdv View Post

I'm looking at getting some sliders and I was debating between painting and powdercoating. What kind of paint are you guys using? and why did you not powdercoat?
Also, when the welder grinds the frame down to metal, do you put anything on there for rust protection? paint and primer maybe?

thanks guys
I used flat black rattle can spray paint. I would do this because you are bound to scratch them up. Spray paint is cheap and easy to fix the scratched area. Powder coat is more expensive and harder to fix
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
Those look awesome! Ordered my light bar and sliders from avid should be ready next Wed! Cant wait to get these bad boys on!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #19
gt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: BT5
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
I painted my Avid Light bar with Rust-Oleum black bed liner and gray car primer rattle cans. I can't be happier with Avid and the paint.

PS: I also had Avid add an extra bar on the middle bottom to give me a little more protection.
Attached Thumbnails
M@#^*r F*&$^n Sliders!!-horns-avid-l.-bar-.jpg  
Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #20
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1ssdv View Post

thanks guys
I used the Rust-Oleum flat black with primer for my Avid sliders. I used the same paint to cover the areas of bare metal where they were welded as well. I used this out of fear that my Hi-lift would scratch the powder coating off and there's no removing the welded sliders for touch ups.