Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

2012 Avid Light Bar

Old 04-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #41
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
looking good gents, mine should be here pretty soon
Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #42
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered one today.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #43
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like this is an ignorant question, but does this sweet ass piece of metal protect as well as hold lights? I see people talking about the bull bar actually doing more harm than good.. but if I got this with no intention of mounting lights, would it actually protect the bumper?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #44
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Protect it while mall crawling: people who like to bump other cars while parking, shopping carts, stupid people in general. Protection while offraoding/ in an accident would be little. I don't think they would stand up to as much as say sliders or a plate bumper, but if you're crawling around 5mph it will protect against a tree. I have already put that to the test. It didn't budge, or scratch!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #45
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
well I work in a hospital (that deals with a lot of indigent care...) and have to park in a big ass garage with these people... it may be a good investment!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #46
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNDrew View Post
well I work in a hospital (that deals with a lot of indigent care...) and have to park in a big ass garage with these people... it may be a good investment!
Yeah, sounds like it would fit your needs perfectly!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #47

TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Will they do anything extra to the light bar if asked for? Id like a license plate mount for the middle, when i get the cash to order, and don't want to drill into my bumper?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #48

Most likely but if not, you can easily make some. I believe they sale them at any auto parts store.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:42 AM   #49
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking about picking on of these up. Just like one of the earlier posts. Do the light tabs allow you to mount light upside down so they are in the middle of the light bar and not on top?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #50

Yes, you can mount them however you want. As long as theyre not too big.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #51
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
how tall is the opening? Looking to fit hella 500 in the opening!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #52

The opening is about 6 5/8" but from the bottom of the tabs to the lower bar is about 7 3/4". I know someone that has the Hella Black Magic 500 in theirs, so i think they will fit just fine. Compare the dimensions. Hope this helps!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #53
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a pic of it?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #54
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knine00 View Post
Do you have a pic of it?
here's one

Old 04-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #55
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Its hard to tell if the light is mounted to the tabs?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #56

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
they are mounted upside down on the upper tabs

you can get tabs on the lower portion if you want, just have to let him know (there is an additional charge over two tabs)
Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #57

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
got mine, fit/finish were perfect! had mine rhinolined, should last an eternity

starting to save for a pair of Hella 4000's

Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #58
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
could there be tabs on the bottom of the bottom bar slanded towards the ground / rear of the truck so i can mount my surf fishing permit tag to them.
I live in md and have to have two licence plates mounted to the front.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #59

TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman597 View Post
could there be tabs on the bottom of the bottom bar slanded towards the ground / rear of the truck so i can mount my surf fishing permit tag to them.
I live in md and have to have two licence plates mounted to the front.
Pretty sure they can mount some tabs pretty much for anything. I talked to the guy on here not too long ago about a front license plate mount and he just said to pm him and go from there when I was ready to buy.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #60

TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by big sky View Post
got mine, fit/finish were perfect! had mine rhinolined, should last an eternity

starting to save for a pair of Hella 4000's