Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

2012 Avid Light Bar

Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #61
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
just got on avids website for the first time. Smart way to get the promo coade with out publishing it so non TW'ers take our discount!!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #62
ekapec is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
ekapec's Tacoma Gallery
avid shipping time?

Any idea how long it would take to ship to MA?
Old 08-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #63
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by big sky View Post
here's one

wouldn't it look better if the tabs were on thre bottom so the bolts were not sticking up?

also, does the bar have any shadow effect on the fog lights?

thanks all...they sure are some cool looking front bars.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #64
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
you can have the tabs located where you want (or elect no tabs), mine are in the same place as pic's above but I plan on mounting the lights above the tabs (not below)

can't speak to other years, but no problems w/ the bar and 2012 fogs
Old 08-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #65
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by big sky View Post
you can have the tabs located where you want (or elect no tabs), mine are in the same place as pic's above but I plan on mounting the lights above the tabs (not below)

can't speak to other years, but no problems w/ the bar and 2012 fogs
thanks for the feedback Mike

and I checked your build thread...very nice, simple & clean...

great job!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #66
B1SLYFOX is a jewel in the roughB1SLYFOX is a jewel in the roughB1SLYFOX is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
B1SLYFOX's Tacoma Gallery
Would this fit with the add on Toyota OEM skid plate?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #67
B1SLYFOX is a jewel in the roughB1SLYFOX is a jewel in the roughB1SLYFOX is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
B1SLYFOX's Tacoma Gallery
@ Wolfpack thanks, good points.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #68
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd till I get money.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #69
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
wonder if the avid bar would work w/ this skid on a 2012?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...highlight=skid

and props to wolfpack for the timely info!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #70
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How strong is the avid bar against hitting something? Is it stronger than a basic bull bar? I am just curious how easily it will bend and mess up the bumper? I will probably get the avid bar when I get my truck regardless because it looks so cool.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #71
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
if I had to guess (this is only a guess ), I'd say it's at least as strong as your average bull bar, probably stronger
Old 08-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #72
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
How strong is the avid bar against hitting something? Is it stronger than a basic bull bar? I am just curious how easily it will bend and mess up the bumper? I will probably get the avid bar when I get my truck regardless because it looks so cool.
I had an avid bar on my 2008. It was very strong. I hit a concrete guard rail with the front end of my truck and it held up well. In my opinion it saved my truck from more damage. And, they look cool.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #73
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post

+1
Old 08-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #74
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
I had an avid bar on my 2008. It was very strong. I hit a concrete guard rail with the front end of my truck and it held up well. In my opinion it saved my truck from more damage. And, they look cool.
Thanks that is what I was looking for. This will be one of my first purchases when I get my truck on saturday.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #75
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Just ordered mine
Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #76
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to fit two of the 21" LED bars one upper and one lower in this light bar?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html

That would be pretty awesome.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #77
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
I know it's a light bar... But in a pinch (stuck) could you jack on that with out ripping it off or tearing up the truck. Just asking.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #78
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post

Yes it will. I have the avid light bar with that skid plate. Very tight fit but it will fit. You gotta install the light bar first before you install the skid plate. If not, you will struggle to get it bolted up.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #79
2011trdyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
2011trdyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonaz View Post
Thanks guys...

You are correct. We've had a rear bumper guard in the works for a while now. It's very close to being ready. We are planning on having it done and added to the website by the end of the month. It will be available for the 05-11 Tacomas and the 2012s. That's another reason that we are changing around the discounts that we've been offering.. to be able to discount other products more.. including this rear bumper guard. We will have a combo discount on orders for the light bar and rear bumper guard but we will also apply the same discount to people that already have the light bar.
I tried to get the discount code from your site for the light bar I haven't gotten an email I Realy want it for my truck pm me?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #80
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011trdyota View Post
I tried to get the discount code from your site for the light bar I haven't gotten an email I Realy want it for my truck pm me?
Pm'ed