Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Question about bolt-on steps fitment?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Question about bolt-on steps fitment?

I have been wanting a set of bolt on steps for my truck and have been saving my money. It turns out a forum member very close to me has a used set for sale.

His steps are for a Double cab short bed. Will they fit on my access cab, or are the mounts totally different?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
The answer is NO, they will not fit.The rear mount is different.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, you're right.. they are different. There are 3 mounts on each side, the front and center mount will line up perfectly but the rear mount is different. If you are handy with a saw and welder you could cut the rear mount off and re-weld it where it needs to go and they would bolt onto your truck. But if they are step bars.. then the rear step is farther back on the double cab then it would be on an access cab.