Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Avid Rear Bumper Guard

Old 02-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
Avid Rear Bumper Guard

Here it is...

We finally have the Rear Bumper Guard ready to add as a product. It's added to the website and available for sale. The regular list price on the RBG is $340. Through the links below you can order it with the TW discount. Don't forget that there's also a combo discount for ordering multiple products.. Here are the links..

2005-2011 Link
2012+ Link

Here's a link to the installation page...
https://avidoffroad.infusionsoft.com...d-installation

RBG Specs
  • 1 3/4" .120 wall tubing
  • Welded end caps
  • 3/16" water jet cut brackets
  • Fits with or without the factory tow hitch (doesn't interfere with it)
  • Tabs for axillary (back-up) lights available
  • Completely bolt on installation
If you have any other questions about anything.. send me an email.

Thanks
Brandon

Here are a few more pictures..
Attached Thumbnails
Avid Rear Bumper Guard-rbg2.2.jpg   Avid Rear Bumper Guard-rbg3.2.jpg   Avid Rear Bumper Guard-rbg5.2.jpg  
Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work Brandon..

Looks good..
Old 02-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
very nice! may get one when i get a light bar.

why do i have to HAVE so much other stuff right NOW?... lol
Old 02-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
stockplus is on a distinguished road
Name: L.J.
stockplus's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Awesome! Great match for the front light bar!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
KDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: K H I E M ™
KDogg311's Tacoma Gallery
as an Avid light bar and step bar owner ... it flows well with the taco, but i wanna see it ryno'd, bedline'd, plastidip'd or blacked out first before gettin it ... otherwise way looking good
Old 02-06-2012, 02:29 AM   #6
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
That looks good and priced right. When I get out to Phoenix I will get one.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg311 View Post
as an Avid light bar and step bar owner ... it flows well with the taco, but i wanna see it ryno'd, bedline'd, plastidip'd or blacked out first before gettin it ... otherwise way looking good
someone needs to photochop this for sure
Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #8
OzarkMK is on a distinguished road
OzarkMK's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 02-06-2012, 02:50 AM   #9
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg311 View Post
Here's a picture of one painted...
Attached Thumbnails
Avid Rear Bumper Guard-rbg1.2.jpg  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #10
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
I can't see the tabs for the aux backup lights, where do you weld these on? Or is personal preference?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
I can't see the tabs for the aux backup lights, where do you weld these on? Or is personal preference?
i donít see them in pic. i think he said he will add if people want them.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Does it interfere with any of the aftermarket hitches (any pics of the attachment to the frame)?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #13
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good
Old 02-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #15
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
wow, i really like this. where would the tabs go for the aux lights? just so i can picture where the lights would sit in relation to everything else back there.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
ncsu is on a distinguished road
ncsu's Tacoma Gallery
Two Questions,

1. How is it mounted?

2. Why is the 2012 model different? I thought the rear of the 2012 was the same?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #17
Avid Off Road
There's a bracket that bolts to frame of the truck and then the RBG bolts to that bracket. Although the installation process is simple, we are going to make an instruction page of installation steps that will have pictures. I'm hoping to get that done this week.

The 2012 is the same but we separated them as two products because it will be in both sections on the website... it also helps with reports on the business side if we know if it's being ordered for a 05-11 or 2012+.

We can add light tabs on request.. wherever they will fit. My thought was smaller lights at the bottom of the bar inside the upside down "V" section on the sides of the factory bumper step... if that makes sense. I'll put some on and post a picture.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
I think tabs for aux backup/camp lights is a GREAT idea!! I see one on each side (two total) mounted midway down the largest open space so that the tab goes toward the bumper of the truck and the light can be mounted with protection from the Avid bumper -- if THAT makes any sense!! Giving it consideration but need to know how far EXACTLY it will extend the reach of the 2011 model.

Thanks -- I LOVE the products!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #20
Aight
sernaj64 is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
sernaj64's Tacoma Gallery
Awsome man