Notices

2012 Tacoma light bar color

Old 03-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Jack is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Jack
Jack's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma light bar color

I want to order a light bar but first I want to know if there's a paint that will match the color and if possible texture of the black plastic part of the bumper in the new 2012 models.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Matte Black Spray paint man...try Krylon
Old 03-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
Jack is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Jack
Jack's Tacoma Gallery
How bout plastic dip?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
You should try rustoleum Bed liner spray, texture wont be the same, but the color will be damn near the same and the bed liner texture might actually be pretty close.

Here is a pic of it when i used it on a set of step bars.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Tacoma light bar color-photo0482.jpg  
Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
jkulysses is on a distinguished road
Army: 1-41 Infantry Battalion (Straight and Stalwart)
Name: Jake
jkulysses's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
You should try rustoleum Bed liner spray, texture wont be the same, but the color will be damn near the same and the bed liner texture might actually be pretty close.

Here is a pic of it when i used it on a set of step bars.
I also used this stuff on a couple of my previous trucks and it worked out great. Will be much more resistant to chipping and flaking off compared to spray paint also. Just coat your grill and that center bumper section and it will all look the same for sure then. I was thinking about doing that to my 12' also but I'm thining about coating the rear bumper too. Not liking the chrome at all.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
I used it on my NFAB's, grille inserts, and lower valance, along with those steps pictured previous, looks great and very easy to use. And durable. I used the "body armour" bed liner spray before and didnt care for it cause it came out clumpy, this stuff is great, and when i get my light bar and RBG on friday thats what i will use again.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Powdercoat wouldnt cost much.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
jkulysses is on a distinguished road
Army: 1-41 Infantry Battalion (Straight and Stalwart)
Name: Jake
jkulysses's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Powdercoat wouldnt cost much.
A new bumper would though when the plastic melts in the oven lol