1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about step bars

Discussion in 'Avid Off Road' started by 10PreRunner, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Apr 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    10PreRunner

10PreRunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4 Double Cab
    Hello Avid, I'm pretty close to ordering a set of your step bars for my double cabe but I had one question about them. Is there something on the step that makes them less slick when they are wet. I hate to bring them up in your thread but I saw that N fabs have something on the step. I will not be ordering from them, it will be you. Thanks for the info.

2. Apr 24, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    They don't have a flat step area nor do they have a non-slip surface because they come with a bare steel finish so you coat/paint to your preference. Perhaps bedliner will provide a little more grip than if you paint or powder coat.

3. Apr 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    10PreRunner

10PreRunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4 Double Cab
    Thank you sir. I didn't think I could see one in the pictures but I wanted to make sure.

4. Apr 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    brandonaz

brandonaz Avid Off Road Vendor

Member:
    Actually there is.. When we designed the step bars we wanted to make the step as high as possible to limit ground clearance as little as possible but at the same time we wanted enough room in the step to fit your foot and be completely usable. We tried adding a flat piece to the top of the step but found that it takes up more room then we'd like and we liked the cleaner look without it. So with the step bars we send pre-cut grip that can be applied to the step surface after painting. It's extremely durable.. won't fad or come off with time and use. It provides a great non-slip surface in wet and dusty conditions and protects from chips in the paint where it gets stepped on.

Products Discussed in

To Top