Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Question about step bars

Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
10PreRunner will become famous soon enough10PreRunner will become famous soon enough
Name: Kevin
10PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Question about step bars

Hello Avid, I'm pretty close to ordering a set of your step bars for my double cabe but I had one question about them. Is there something on the step that makes them less slick when they are wet. I hate to bring them up in your thread but I saw that N fabs have something on the step. I will not be ordering from them, it will be you. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
They don't have a flat step area nor do they have a non-slip surface because they come with a bare steel finish so you coat/paint to your preference. Perhaps bedliner will provide a little more grip than if you paint or powder coat.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
10PreRunner will become famous soon enough10PreRunner will become famous soon enough
Name: Kevin
10PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir. I didn't think I could see one in the pictures but I wanted to make sure.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Avid Off Road
brandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrandonaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brandonaz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10PreRunner View Post
Is there something on the step that makes them less slick when they are wet.
Actually there is.. When we designed the step bars we wanted to make the step as high as possible to limit ground clearance as little as possible but at the same time we wanted enough room in the step to fit your foot and be completely usable. We tried adding a flat piece to the top of the step but found that it takes up more room then we'd like and we liked the cleaner look without it. So with the step bars we send pre-cut grip that can be applied to the step surface after painting. It's extremely durable.. won't fad or come off with time and use. It provides a great non-slip surface in wet and dusty conditions and protects from chips in the paint where it gets stepped on.