Notices

Avid Off Road, Class act!

Old 06-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
arsonhntr is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: steve
arsonhntr's Tacoma Gallery
Avid Off Road, Class act!

Light bar just arrived today! The UPS truck pulled up and I knew what was on the truck, if the driver hadn't been looking at me I would have done the "pee-pee" dance! The light bar was perfect, fit and construction! Hats off to Avid for a superb product! Now the hard part....what kind of finish to use! I'll post pics when I decide.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Jay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay9722's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely powder coat. I did mine jet black gloss and it looks great...matches my N Fab nerf bars perfectly.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Brandon is awesome with his customer service. Got my light bar and rear bumper guard this past week and love them! I went with Rustoleum Bed liner srpay, easy to use and super strong. And much easier to touch up if scratched than powder coat would be.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If it were me, I'd do a light sand to knock off any surface rust, hit it with a degreaser to clean any oils off left over from fabrication, Rustoleum bare metal primer, 2 coats of Rustoleum paint, then 2 coats of Rustoleum Bed Liner. Let each layer get a full cure before applying the next (especially between the paint and bed liner). I did that to my skid plate when I had it off and stripped down to bare metal.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Great thing about bed liner spray, you dont need to prime the surface. Clean is a must, but you can shoot it right on bare metal.
I know it's not required but I figured it couldn't hurt to help seal the metal and keep out the salty atmosphere we have in New England for 6 months out of the year. I do tend to overkill things though...
Old 06-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I know it's not required but I figured it couldn't hurt to help seal the metal and keep out the salty atmosphere we have in New England for 6 months out of the year. I do tend to overkill things though...
I'm sure your method is much better than just going straight onto bare metal, but for a lazy/impatient guy like myself, i couldnt wait. I do like the idea of primer, if for nothing else, when it does get scratched there would be less chance of rust forming until the repair could be made.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #8
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Brandon is awesome with his customer service. Got my light bar and rear bumper guard this past week and love them! I went with Rustoleum Bed liner srpay, easy to use and super strong. And much easier to touch up if scratched than powder coat would be.
x2. The touch up part is very helpful. I have had to "touch it up" twice for small scratches my stupid actions have caused...
Old 06-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Had Brandon weld on my sliders last weekend. Class Act! Took his time and made sure everything looked right, even with the temp reaching 104°. Now debating what I need to order from him next.....
Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticsquelch View Post
Now debating what I need to order from him next.....
Me Too!!! I just emailed him about his hitch step wondering if the RBG will get in the way of it, i think they would look good together.