LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

AVID- Custom tire and tool bed mount

Old 03-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
AVID- Custom tire and tool bed mount

Here is my new spare tire mount from AVID

I approached Brandon about this build when I was getting ready to buy the sliders. We sat for some time considering different ideas and this is what he put together. I wanted functionality without losing too much of the bed and did he deliver on that ask.
The mount uses the existing rails for bolting in and also includes tabs on both sides for mounting a shovel or whatever tool I want. We originally were going to mount the Hi-Lift on it but during the test fit we decided that the bed wall was the better decision for the 48" HI-Lift jack. The angle iron on the sides of the bed holds the weight and the room under the mount is plenty to still slide stuff under it. Inside the cab I still have full view outside my rear view window as well. The build sits directly over the rear tires but I can easily move it to the front or rear of the bed if I please.

I couldn't be happier with this custom build by Brandon at Avid!

**If any of you guys are interested in this build for yourself please contact him with any questions.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
heavy user
mm1ssdv is on a distinguished road

Navy: nuke sub mechanic / diver
Name: Chris
mm1ssdv's Tacoma Gallery
that's pretty awesome.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I like this idea. Keeps the bed space open underneath. But I wonder about how secure this is to the bed. Could a thief walk along, slide out the whole assembly, and just walk off with not only your spare, but your tire carrier too? Maybe an option to lock it in place somehow?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #4
Taco Forum Noob
7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
7six2Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I like this idea. Keeps the bed space open underneath. But I wonder about how secure this is to the bed. Could a thief walk along, slide out the whole assembly, and just walk off with not only your spare, but your tire carrier too? Maybe an option to lock it in place somehow?
+1 im curious about that too. That is a killer set up though! What did that run?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7six2Fan View Post
+1 im curious about that too. That is a killer set up though! What did that run?
I have a cable lock on the set up now (not shown) but after staring at it for a few hours I contacted Brandon to add a tab to the Y-bar and an L bracket to my bed mount this morning. Both will have holes large enough for my cable lock.
Regardless, if a thief wants something bad enough they will get it but they will need tools and time to get it though. I have a high end Clifford alarm with shock sensors and trust me, if my truck pages me at night the thief will be met with a very angry owner.

As for the price I'm not at liberty to say. This is a custom order/prototype for me and may be something that Avid offers a variant of in the very near future. By all means contact Brandon at Avid with ANY questions about pricing.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. I like my Avid light bar
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
That is really nice!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Now thats some thing I could actually use...
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
looneytunemagoun is on a distinguished road
Name: james
looneytunemagoun's Tacoma Gallery
I like it a lot
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I met Mr. Scarlet 4x4 last weekend at the Avid shop. We talked about trucks and BS while Brandon and company was fitting my bed rack. A saw this tire rack too. Rather trick indeed!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Now thats some thing I could actually use...
x2 Lets go ahead and order this for our trucks.

Quote:
I actually saw this in person on Monday and it is NICE! Brandon installed a tab that is held in place by one of the bed bolts closest to the cab and Jon has the carrier and wheel attached/locked to the tab.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just emailed Brandon. Can't wait to get mine!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post
I just emailed Brandon. Can't wait to get mine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post
x2 Lets go ahead and order this for our trucks.

I actually saw this in person on Monday and it is NICE! Brandon installed a tab that is held in place by one of the bed bolts closest to the cab and Jon has the carrier and wheel attached/locked to the tab.
Nice to hear that man, youre going to love it!