Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Avid Off Road

Notices

Avid Sliders (bolt on)

Old 12-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
nujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud of
nujerzidevil's Tacoma Gallery
Avid Sliders (bolt on)

Thanks to Avid Off Road. Just received my sliders this week. I painted and installed them today and they bolted up with no fitment issues.

-

-

-

Old 12-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Tacoma Rook is a jewel in the roughTacoma Rook is a jewel in the roughTacoma Rook is a jewel in the roughTacoma Rook is a jewel in the rough
Tacoma Rook's Tacoma Gallery
Nice,I really want bolt on sliders for my next Mod.You say they were easy to mount,but jut wondering how easy it was.Did you have to move or take anything off to get them on,or just screw on and go?Also do these Avids come with all accessories (bolts/screws etc) included,and do you have an average on how much they weigh?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
slider style steps
THIS! still nice but will be like other steps and bolt to the cab so not really the best for off roading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Rook View Post
Nice,I really want bolt on sliders for my next Mod.You say they were easy to mount,but jut wondering how easy it was.Did you have to move or take anything off to get them on,or just screw on and go?Also do these Avids come with all accessories (bolts/screws etc) included,and do you have an average on how much they weigh?
If you want them for off roading Id advise you not to get these particular ones. They bolt to the cab and not the frame. They wont support the truck like ones that bolt to the frame. im not sure if avid dose or not. but i know other make true sliders that bolt to the frame and are strong enough that you can use a high lift jack and lift the whole side of the truck up off the ground.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
nujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud ofnujerzidevil has much to be proud of
Avid made it clear that these are just steps. They only offer either a weld on slider or bolt on slider( that is what they call them) which gets bolted to the cab like the pictures show. Don't worry I don't intend to bash these against rocks just wanted to let everyone know my experience with avid. I actually thought it was a good idea since i dislike the look to side steps but think "sliders" look good.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nujerzidevil View Post
Avid made it clear that these are just steps. They only offer either a weld on slider or bolt on slider( that is what they call them) which gets bolted to the cab like the pictures show. Don't worry I don't intend to bash these against rocks just wanted to let everyone know my experience with avid. I actually thought it was a good idea since i dislike the look to side steps but think "sliders" look good.
look very nice! I was not sure if they told people they where mostly just steps or not. nothing wrong with them, They will helps tons with stopping A-holes with no respect causing door dings.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Rook View Post
Yes they come with all the hardware 12 bolts 12 washers. The only thing that needs to be removed are the plastic clips that's are in the existing holes in the cab. They weight about 70lb. if you haven't done any research on these, like everyone keeps saying these are made for use as side steps.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #8
sbates is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
sbates's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of paint did you use?
Old 01-03-2015, 04:21 AM   #9
I used self etching primer then spray on bedliner. I think the primer was unneeded but they came out perfect so I'm happy with it. Btw I tried both regular rust oleum bedliner and rust oleum "professional" beliner. The reg can is more of black paint with sand. The "professional" can feels rubbery and grippy. I liked the finish after using the "professional" even though it was more $$ then the reg stuff.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #10
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used self etching primer then spray on bedliner. I think the primer was unneeded but they came out perfect so I'm happy with it. Btw I tried both regular rust oleum bedliner and rust oleum "professional" beliner. The reg can is more of black paint with sand. The "professional" can feels rubbery and grippy. I liked the finish after using the "professional" even though it was more $$ then the reg stuff.

Good info
Old 01-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #11
Citizen is on a distinguished road

Citizen's Tacoma Gallery
The website says light off roading...so they are more than just steps, right?
Old 01-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #12
You might want to get Brandon from Avid to answer that but I think it will protect the cab from lighter impacts like if you were to scrape something from the side, I just don't think they would be able to hold the whole weight of the truck without damage.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #13
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

They are steps
Old 01-05-2015, 04:01 PM   #14
Adjusting to Civilian life
PeterT has a spectacular aura aboutPeterT has a spectacular aura about
Army: Sgt, 173 Abn Div. / 101st Abn Div.
Name: PT
PeterT's Tacoma Gallery
They offer protection from incoming shopping carts too

look awesome! way better then most steps
Old 01-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #15
Augie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant future

Marines: 0331
Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
I've had these for some time now and I really like them. They protected my truck while going over Mengel Pass in DV. I'll post a pic later of the damage they absorbed. Basically my wheels slid off of a rock and the right side slammed against it. Without the sliders I would suffered some moderate damage. I use my truck for Over Land Expo and camping in case you were wondering so I guess you can call it light offroading.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:04 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
I've had these for some time now and I really like them. They protected my truck while going over Mengel Pass in DV. I'll post a pic later of the damage they absorbed. Basically my wheels slid off of a rock and the right side slammed against it. Without the sliders I would suffered some moderate damage. I use my truck for Over Land Expo and camping in case you were wondering so I guess you can call it light offroading.
This is good to know...Post those pics, did the cab get dented where they bolt on? Even so I would rather my undercarriage then down my rocker panels and doors.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #17
Augie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant futureAugie has a brilliant future

Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Attachment 308045No damage to the cab but the sliders did get bent slightly upward. Sorry about the photo. I couldn't get the image to rotate.
Attached Thumbnails
Avid Sliders (bolt on)-image.jpg  
Old 01-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #18

Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Her's another upside down pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Avid Sliders (bolt on)-image.jpg  
Old 01-19-2015, 02:01 PM   #19
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ah... just noticed that. shouldn't really call them sliders then... that would've made it clear from the title alone.