Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F Bed Rack build

Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #41
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go Jerry... I was bored:

Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #42
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Well get on it! lol

I'd be interested in one for a RTT instead of tire. Also, if it had mounts for a Rotax (or similar) gas/water can, as well as hi-lift and/or shovel mounts.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #43
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! When you going to make those bamf diff covers?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #44
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Well get on it! lol

I'd be interested in one for a RTT instead of tire. Also, if it had mounts for a Rotax (or similar) gas/water can, as well as hi-lift and/or shovel mounts.
Well the tire mount just unbolts from the top so that's easy so the RTT will mount right up. There is Hi-Lift mounts on the side bar and I assume your talking about RotopaX gas cans? Mounts for those can easily be added my products will be completely customizeable with many options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Looks good! When you going to make those bamf diff covers?
Man I thought those were going to be my first product but I got the request to build this so this is first product for B.A.M.F go big or go home I guess
Old 08-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #45
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
Here you go Jerry... I was bored:

LOL nice!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #46
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Did you list a price of this rack yet??
You might sell alot more if you sold an unwelded setup for shipping.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #47
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
diff covers?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #48
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Did you list a price of this rack yet??
You might sell alot more if you sold an unwelded setup for shipping.
I have not came up with a final price just yet I'm going to build the first one and then come up with pricing and options. I did think about a DIY kit for the GB with the tubes cut, bent & notched for the guys with welding skills to save on shipping. But for the guys that would just take it to a shop and have it welded it wouldn't be worth it because the price of the rack won't be that much less seeing how the bending and notching is the long and more difficult part of the build welding it together is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
diff covers?
Yep 3rd member skid plates we talked about it in the Colorado BS thread about a month ago. They will be out in 6 to 8 weeks.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #49
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post

Yep 3rd member skid plates we talked about it in the Colorado BS thread about a month ago. They will be out in 6 to 8 weeks.

sweet..eager to see the design
Old 08-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #50
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have not came up with a final price just yet I'm going to build the first one and then come up with pricing and options. I did think about a DIY kit for the GB with the tubes cut, bent & notched for the guys with welding skills to save on shipping. But for the guys that would just take it to a shop and have it welded it wouldn't be worth it because the price of the rack won't be that much less seeing how the bending and notching is the long and more difficult part of the build welding it together is easy.

Poisonspyder sells a unwelded kits for jeeps. It's worth every penny. Better to pay someone/shop to weld than to buy all the tools and try to figure out how to make it. Many pipes would be wasted.SELL AN UNWELDED KIT.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #51
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Poisonspyder sells a unwelded kits for jeeps. It's worth every penny. Better to pay someone/shop to weld than to buy all the tools and try to figure out how to make it. Many pipes would be wasted.SELL AN UNWELDED KIT.
Yeah I was planning on offering a DIY kit as well
Old 08-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #52
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well the tire mount just unbolts from the top so that's easy so the RTT will mount right up. There is Hi-Lift mounts on the side bar and I assume your talking about RotopaX gas cans? Mounts for those can easily be added my products will be completely customizeable with many options.
Yea, that's them, couldn't remember the name! Well I look forward to the progress and let me know when you're ready for orders

Quote:
Yeah I was planning on offering a DIY kit as well
This would be perfect for me, since I'm all the way up here!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #53
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a better CAD program to work with but don't want to break the bank with something like solidworks, check out Alibre
Old 08-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #54
Nick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Comm
Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
What it the mast on top looks like it should be on a boat for towing a wakeboarder... that would be cool but my truck does not float

Ill buy one if you can make my truck float
Old 08-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #55
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
If you want a better CAD program to work with but don't want to break the bank with something like solidworks, check out Alibre
Cool ill look into it thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick701 View Post
What it the mast on top looks like it should be on a boat for towing a wakeboarder... that would be cool but my truck does not float

Ill buy one if you can make my truck float
Lol the mast on the top is for a tire mount
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #56
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Also, if you don't already have it, I highly recommend bend tech pro and the new bend tech sheet metal
Old 08-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #57
Nick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Comm
Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Ahhh cool, i like the DIY kit idea too, depending on price
Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #58
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick701 View Post
Ahhh cool, i like the DIY kit idea too, depending on price

This rack it not going to be built on the cheap side but I will do all i can to keep the cost down. And provide options so everyone that wants one can choose one in there price range.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #59
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a thread were the specs or the 3rd member skid are discussed interested in gauge and price.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #60
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Is there a thread were the specs or the 3rd member skid are discussed interested in gauge and price.
No the thread has not been started yet and I still don't have a price but they will be made if 1/4" plate.