Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F Bed Rack build

Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
B.A.M.F Bed Rack build

I started designing a bad rack for a customer over the weekend I thought id show you guys the progress. It's for a 2nd Gen DCSB the rack is going to sit a little lower then the cab at about the height of the rear window so the driver can still see. The customer wants to mount a tire on the top of the rack to get it out of the way for camping trips. The rack will have 4 mounting points onto the bed bolts with tube copulers and the feet so the bet bolts wont have to be removed when taking off the rack. There are 1/4" plate triangular gussets welded to the frame for tie downs and to give the frame more rigidity. Its constructed out of 1.75" .120 wall HREW, 1/4" angle iron for the bed rails and 1/4" plate for the mounting feet. The tire mount will be a 1/4" plate with a 1/4" upright with a 3/8" mounting plate for the tire bolted to a 1/4" plate with 4 1/2" grade 8 bolts.

Finished product

And the build progression

I started the tire mount today. It's 3/8th plate with 1/4" uprights.

I still need to cut the plates to mount it to the rack I'll have those done this weekend.

This is how the tire mount will sit on the rack it's just tacked up with and bolts in the holes. It's all removable and unchangeable with whatever you want to add to the rack.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I saw those pics on your fb page
Old 08-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! If you ever need a guinea pig on the east coast for product trials, let me know... really, no trouble at all
Old 08-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome dude!

Fink
Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Looks good. I saw those pics on your fb page
Thanks man It just the rough design. I got the bed mounting points designed last night so I just need to add those and do some little touches like Hi-Lift mounts.

One thing i didn't add in the OP the rack will removable without removing the bed bolts. The mounting tubes with have Billet tubing couplers welded in for easy removal.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Nice! If you ever need a guinea pig on the east coast for product trials, let me know... really, no trouble at all
LOL yeah I'll add you to the list
Old 08-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll roger up for the 5th Gen 4Runners

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
LOL yeah I'll add you to the list
Good thing I'm close!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Lets see how the new marketing BUMP does
Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lets see how the new marketing BUMP does
Whoa... just a suggestion, if you want people to look at the bed rack, put the chick below the design I reopened this thread and found myself not wanting to scroll down!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
LOL

And for some B.A.M.F marketing
Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whoa... just a suggestion, if you want people to look at the bed rack, put the chick below the design I reopened this thread and found myself not wanting to scroll down!

Fink
Old 08-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Fink View Post

Fink
Yeah but shes not working on the home page
Old 08-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #13
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Bump the design is complete let the bending begin.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery

Fink
Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Fink View Post

Fink

The build wont start for a few weeks.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #17
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice!

me! me! me!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #18
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The build wont start for a few weeks.
Damnit...

Fink
Old 08-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #19
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Looks great Jerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Looks nice!

me! me! me!

Thanks guys.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #20
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL

And for some B.A.M.F marketing
You sir do good work!! How about a group buy?

Seriously though I want to see more pics of the rack!! That thing is beast!