Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F Rear Diff skid plate Group Buy all Toyota trucks

Old 10-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #1341
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
it looks like the weld on your axles housing is stopping the clamps from closing all the way. if you grind the weld just a little they should fit around it.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #1343
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
That is one sexy skid plate... I want one, but I really dont think I need one. No rocks near me.
pffft not just for rocks
Old 05-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #1344
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post

And now about 17 months after install & use it looks like this:

I know a few folks think "diff diapers" are overkill but I for one am glad I have it.

Only removed because I'll be regearing to 4.56 with lockers next week.

Awesome product Jerry!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #1345
Monkey Sweat
Bubbarr is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sgt
Name: Duane
Bubbarr's Tacoma Gallery
You just convinced me!!
Quote:
And now about 17 months after install & use it looks like this:

I know a few folks think "diff diapers" are overkill but I for one am glad I have it.

Only removed because I'll be regearing to 4.56 with lockers next week.

Awesome product Jerry!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #1346
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man thats how armor should look after 17 months i see guys that bought when you did and they look new
Old 05-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #1348
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm going to blast it, re-paint & throw it back on after the diff swap.

I've got another vendor working on a trac bar setup - I hope to keep the skid with it but I'm not sure how it's going to work.
Weld the track bar mount to the axle tubes?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #1351
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesurf2611 View Post
Still waiting on my order from December

Three months should be long enough to get me my order don't you think?????
The diff skids are just about complete the have a 12 week lead time.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #1352
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I don't do this often but the diff skids are on sale right now. Not sure how long I'll leave it up for but we have 6 in stock just needing the clamps welded on.

http://bayareametalfab.3dcartstores....Skids_c_7.html
Old 06-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #1354
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to post up and say thanks for making an awesome diff skid. I would have hit my diff hard last weekend at slickrock but the diff skid saved my diff. The diff is one of the lowest parts of our trucks and this skid gives me the piece of mind I need. Anyone who plans on wheeling needs one of these.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:34 PM   #1355
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's that time once again.

The NE weather is taking its toll. This time I'm taking them down to bare steel before I repaint them.

About 15min with an 80 grit flap wheel on the angle grinder:

I don't even want to think about what the diff and third member would look like without this.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #1356
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's that time once again.

The NE weather is taking its toll. This time I'm taking them down to bare steel before I repaint them.

About 15min with an 80 grit flap wheel on the angle grinder:

I don't even want to think about what the diff and third member would look like without this.
Haha. Guess what I did today.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #1357
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
just going to leave this here

IMG_2582 by mrs.mademan925, on Flickr
Old 08-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #1358
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about