Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F Rear Diff skid plate Group Buy all Toyota trucks

Old 09-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
B.A.M.F Rear Diff skid plate Group Buy all Toyota trucks

We have a rear diff skid available for Tacoma trucks 8.4" & 8.0" rear diff 1st & 2nd Gen

Pricing

425 Shipped

Skids can be ordered on the WEBSITE

Specs

1/4" plate steel CNC cut formed on a press brake and fully welded. The design allows to only have 4 weld joints on the whole skid shell (not including the mounts) all the rest will be bent steel plate for Optimal strength. The design also has Pinion protection

The mounts are 1" DOM tube for the font lowers with welded bung and the top plate is 1/2" plate with 3/4" DOM tube welded to each side with two 3.5" grade 8 bolts providing a full lock around the front of the 3rd. the axle tube mounts are 1/2" plate CNC cut and formed to the axle and 3/4" DOM welded at the ends for the top clamp secured with two 2.5"x1/2" grade 8 bolts and locking nuts.

I HIGHLY recommend test fitting your skid before painting it slight modifications may need to be made to it for fitment.

Skids will be shipped bare metal powder coating is available for $50.00

Disclaimer
These skids are for off road use only and are not DOT approved please obey local laws and regulations.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in late October depending on price. I have an 8.4" dif.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
I would be interested in late October depending on price. I have an 8.4" dif.
Okay the 8.4" will be designed a little after. Once I build the TRD skid I'll see how much needs to be changed for the 8.4"
Old 09-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
what are you thinking about as mounting options? welding or u-bolt type like the boztecs?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
what are you thinking about as mounting options? welding or u-bolt type like the boztecs?
It will be bolt on weld on would be too much of a pain. It will be U-bolts or a clamping style with 6 1/2" Allen bolts I still haven't decided yet.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
It will be bolt on weld on would be too much of a pain. It will be U-bolts or a clamping style with 6 1/2" Allen bolts I still haven't decided yet.

perfect...i do like that mounting style
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
8.4in rear needed here man
It's in the works it shouldn't be that different then the 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
perfect...i do like that mounting style
Yeah it's the best way if it were weld on it would cause problems if you broke something or were re-gearing.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Woot! This is going to be bad ass
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Woot! This is going to be bad ass
B.A.M.F!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
Mudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
I will be interested in one. Is the 8.4 aftermarket or something?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #12
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Will definitely be interested in the 8.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
I will be interested in one. Is the 8.4 aftermarket or something?
The 8.4 is all rear axles except the TRD Off-Road e-locker models.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
What is the price looking like for these ?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT View Post
What is the price looking like for these ?
The price is still in the works I need to build the first one before I can set pricing. The first one will be hand cut with a plasma. After the first one is all cut and welded I will make adjustments if needed in the .dxf file and get the quote form the CNC cutter then I will have a price set.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Interested fo sho
Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
interested in this BAMF product
Old 09-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested in the 8.4, curious as to what the price will be though...
Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #18
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
interested.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Like you have to ask. I'll put my smurf skid at my desk as a paperweight.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested not sure what size my 4 banger has.