Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F Rock sliders all Trucks

Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #41
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
DCLB sliders...i know someone who needs these...ME.

sub'd
Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #42
Tarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Deputy Sheriff
Name: Jon
Tarheelz2350's Tacoma Gallery
Any plans for bolt-on. If so I'd pick up a set in a minute. Good fab work by the way.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #43
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
DCLB sliders...i know someone who needs these...ME.

sub'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelz2350 View Post
Any plans for bolt-on. If so I'd pick up a set in a minute. Good fab work by the way.

Bolt on slider are in the works.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #44
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:

So you're not planning on using them as sliders? Why not just a set of nerf bars then? If you get up on a rock with your sliders (bolt on) and the bolts fail.... then what.... That's what I've come to understand.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #45
Tarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Deputy Sheriff
Name: Jon
Tarheelz2350's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want to send this thread off on a tangent but from what I've seen and the research I've done bolt ons are as reliable as weld on's. All depends on the mounting hardware and how it mounts up.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #46
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't want to send this thread off on a tangent but from what I've seen and the research I've done bolt ons are as reliable as weld on's. All depends on the mounting hardware and how it mounts up.
I honestly don't see how bolt-on could be "as reliable" as weld-on.

Sure, they'll be good for a few years with a good design. But if you use them (meaning hitting rocks) the bolts will loosen and get gnarly with dirt, rocks, sand, etc hitting 'em.

Bolt-on just seems like a bad idea for something essential as rock sliders. I mean, you need to be able to jack the entire vehicle up on them if need be...
Old 11-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #47
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
sick brother,,looking for bolt on's let us know when you get em. I like the strength of weld on's but don't need them that strong here.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #48
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Lovin the DCLB model! Close to the design I went with for mine as well. Glad to see another option out there for the long bed guys! Had I seen these 6 months ago it would have been a tough choice between building mine or buying yours! Keep up the sick work.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #49
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by korslite View Post
Lovin the DCLB model! Close to the design I went with for mine as well. Glad to see another option out there for the long bed guys! Had I seen these 6 months ago it would have been a tough choice between building mine or buying yours! Keep up the sick work.
x2. looks like a frickin great design for us LB guys
Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #50
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys I wanted my kickouts to stand out from the rest. There is a little more work involved but it's worth the time to have a product that stands out from the rest.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #51
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
New pics BUMP
Old 11-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #52
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
So, when are you planning on getting some out for the 4Runner guys?

Edit: Don't know if anyone has looked but a member on NWToys posted up some computer analysis stress tests on welded on sliders and the stress to the frame based upon different mounting methods.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #53
hawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hawker25's Tacoma Gallery
Dang every day I see a new post in here I'm hoping my name has changed colors. I'm really excited to get these.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #54
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty cool but no L bracket mounting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawker25 View Post
Dang every day I see a new post in here I'm hoping my name has changed colors. I'm really excited to get these.
I know man I'm swamped after the first 5 skids are built I'm setting a day aside to build nothing but sliders. I have cut the tubes for your sliders so it's ready to bend, Notch & weld so once your name is blue it's going to be red soon after.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #55
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Update im setting aside one day this weeked to just build sliders so for you that are waiting for your build to start they will start this weekend.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #56
hawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hawker25's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet can't wait to get these and get them on.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #57
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawker25 View Post
Sweet can't wait to get these and get them on.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #58
vsick is on a distinguished road
vsick's Tacoma Gallery
What city are you in? Can you pm me a price installed for dcsb 2011 with kick out?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #59
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsick View Post
What city are you in? Can you pm me a price installed for dcsb 2011 with kick out?
Pm Coming now
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #60
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Update

HIYota
hawker25
Yep

All three sets are cut bent & notched ready to weld I should have these three sets done soon.