Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F Rock sliders all Trucks

Old 09-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #1882
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
For you guys getting the BAMF sliders, I suggest you put a bead of silicone along where the gussets attach to the support bars. The seam is tight, but not tight enough for water to get in there, and we don't want premature rusting!!... Jerry...perhaps you could put a weld along those seams to prevent that??

We don't fully weld the gussets as everyone should. Fully welding both sides will put too much heat in that location. Causing heat stress 90% and unneeded deflection most of the time a support gusset does not need to be fully welded all around. That's the reason we don't fully weld gussets.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #1884
MateoTorgy is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MateoTorgy's Tacoma Gallery
I came very close to ordering these until I read a customer review on the product page of the retail site. The customer wrote, "The gussets and frame plates didnt come welded on but i think thats just for shipping purposes."

To those who've ordered these, do the gussets and frame plates arrive separate and detached from the sliders? Based on the way they protrude out from the sliders when welded together, I can understand the temptation to ship them unattached to save space and package size, but... As much as I love the look and engineering that go into these sliders, I'm hoping to find a product that arrives fully fabricated so I can simply deliver them and the truck to the shop for a quick and easy install.

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:09 AM   #1885
Strike Planner
squint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Rick
squint0241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MateoTorgy View Post
I came very close to ordering these until I read a customer review on the product page of the retail site. The customer wrote, "The gussets and frame plates didnt come welded on but i think thats just for shipping purposes."

To those who've ordered these, do the gussets and frame plates arrive separate and detached from the sliders? Based on the way they protrude out from the sliders when welded together, I can understand the temptation to ship them unattached to save space and package size, but... As much as I love the look and engineering that go into these sliders, I'm hoping to find a product that arrives fully fabricated so I can simply deliver them and the truck to the shop for a quick and easy install.

Thanks!
Hmmmh...mine came shipped completely mountable and ready to install. Not sure about your source with the other info...
Old 09-26-2014, 04:54 AM   #1886
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks!

For weld on sliders we leave them off to save you shipping the 80" sliders are so close to the over sized shipping fee adding the gussets adds $55 to the shipping charge. We have never shipped a weld on set with the frame plates attached as most people that weld on sliders do it themselves or have a buddy do it. So saving that money on shipping is more then the cost of the install when doing it yourself. The only time we weld the gussets on a weld on set of the sliders is when they are powder coated. the frame plates are still left off as they need a way to hang on the powder rack and with the plates on there is nowhere to hang them from.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:07 AM   #1887
MateoTorgy is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MateoTorgy's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate this

I actually appreciate this. It makes sense. If the customer plans to weld anyway, save them the shipping costs. Makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks so much for your quick reply sir.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:11 AM   #1888
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I actually appreciate this. It makes sense. If the customer plans to weld anyway, save them the shipping costs. Makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks so much for your quick reply sir.
And your hesitation just saved you more money as they are 25% off right until Sunday! As is all our are product right now.