Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F BPV Relocate bracket

Old 10-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #41
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and for those of you that ordered and order this week my grade 8 bolts wont be here until Monday. So I went to Home Depot to buy some and they didn't have any in the size I wanted so I just bought normal 5/16th bolts its plenty for this aplacation seeing how there is no load on the bracket. But i said there will be grade 8 bolts with these brackets so if you guys want the grade 8 bolts I will mail them to you next week when they come in.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #42
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
All Shipped you guys should see them in a few days.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #43
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent

I have an additional question. I was out looking at the stock bracket. Mine looks like it is bent into the axle, as it is touching the axle. Should it be standing out away from the axle? If so, I may need to straighten the bracket.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #44
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs127s View Post
PM sent

I have an additional question. I was out looking at the stock bracket. Mine looks like it is bent into the axle, as it is touching the axle. Should it be standing out away from the axle? If so, I may need to straighten the bracket.

Thanks
Invoice sent and take a picture of your bracket and send it to me it shouldn't be touching your axle.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #46
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Is this an important part for lifted trucks?
Yes it is your rear brakes have a load sensing valve so if you load your truck up is applies more braking power to the rear brakes. If you have lifted your truck and didn't relocate your BPV arm your truck will never know if you have anything in the back. Plus it's moved down even more so will be using less brakes unloaded as well.

In a nut shell if you want to stop better you need to relocate your BPV arm as high as you lifted the truck in the rear.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #47
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yes it is your rear brakes have a load sensing valve so if you load your truck up is applies more braking power to the rear brakes. If you have lifted your truck and didn't relocate your BPV arm your truck will never know if you have anything in the back. Plus it's moved down even more so will be using less brakes unloaded as well.

In a nut shell if you want to stop better you need to relocate your BPV arm as high as you lifted the truck in the rear.
oh ok. so my truck is lifted around 2 inches in the back. So the valve should be raised 2 inches as well?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #48
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
oh ok. so my truck is lifted around 2 inches in the back. So the valve should be raised 2 inches as well?
Yes.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #49
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hijack this thread, but here are some pictures of the BPV bracket:

B.A.M.F BPV Relocate bracket-img_2209.jpg

B.A.M.F BPV Relocate bracket-img_2208.jpg

B.A.M.F BPV Relocate bracket-img_2207.jpg

B.A.M.F BPV Relocate bracket-img_2212.jpg

I am guessing it is not supposed to be bent in against the axle as in the pictures.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #50
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Attachment 122379

Attachment 122380

Attachment 122381

Attachment 122382

I am guessing it is not supposed to be bent in against the axle as in the pictures.
No it shouldn't be. I'm guessing it's not hurting a lot, but rubbing/irregularities when it comes to your Brake system is never a good thing.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #51
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh and for those of you that ordered and order this week my grade 8 bolts wont be here until Monday. So I went to Home Depot to buy some and they didn't have any in the size I wanted so I just bought normal 5/16th bolts its plenty for this aplacation seeing how there is no load on the bracket. But i said there will be grade 8 bolts with these brackets so if you guys want the grade 8 bolts I will mail them to you next week when they come in.
I'm good w/ the ones you send me, you don't need to spend more on shipping/bolts for grade 8. I'd have to be in some serious shit to NEED grade 8 for the BPV. I doubt most/any car companies make them with grade 8
Old 10-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #52
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
I'm good w/ the ones you send me, you don't need to spend more on shipping/bolts for grade 8. I'd have to be in some serious shit to NEED grade 8 for the BPV. I doubt most/any car companies make them with grade 8
I know that's why I did
Old 10-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #53
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Attachment 122379

Attachment 122380

Attachment 122381

Attachment 122382

Yeah it's just tweaked a little your could still run the bracket no problem.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 PM   #54
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah it's just tweaked a little your could still run the bracket no problem.
Once I am ready to install the BPV relocation bracket, I will take it off and tweak it back. It looks as if it is bent right on the very end.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #55
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Once I am ready to install the BPV relocation bracket, I will take it off and tweak it back. It looks as if it is bent right on the very end.
Yeah it shouldn't be too bad to bend it back into place. The reason im cutting these brackets in 1/4" plate is so the bracket wont get bent when wheeling. The first one I made for my truck as been bent quite a few times but it was thin sheet.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #56
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
I might get one of these on a rainy day. I've had some issues with my one from beefed taco and I'd rather just replace it than keep hacking at it.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #57
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
I might get one of these on a rainy day. I've had some issues with my one from beefed taco and I'd rather just replace it than keep hacking at it.
Okay man let me know I've got 3 more on me right now ready to ship and I'll be cutting 50 more next week.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #58
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery

I've got 3 more of these sitting on my desk ready to ship right now!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #59
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try the for sale section?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #60
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Did you try the for sale section?
This thread is good enough just letting prople know I have more ready to ship.