Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F BPV Relocate bracket

Old 10-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
B.A.M.F BPV Relocate bracket

Every one that lifts there 1st Gen truck needs to relocate the BPV (Brake-Proportioning-Valve) to the height you lifted your truck. All the company's selling these brackets are flimsy and cheap sheet metal.

I wanted to take it to the next level so I designed a BPV relocate bracket for the 1st Gen Tacomas that is BAMF!

Specs

1/4" CNC Plasma cut Steel I have two sizes to choose from set up for all lifts from 1" too 5.5" or 3.5" in .5" increments at the same great price. 2, 5/16th"x 1" grade 8 nuts and bolts are supplied with the bracket and the stock 2 attach it to your axle shipped in raw steel lightly oiled to prevent rusting. The great thing about this bracket is if your rear springs sag over time you wont have to make a new one just move it down a notch and your good to go.
Sure you can make your own for less but to make it adjustable takes a lot of measuring and time also if you have ever tried to cut 1/4" plate by hand you would buy one of these just to not do it. I'm taking out the guess work and effort to build your own at not much more then it would cost to buy the bolts and plate from Home Depot.

Quote:
from 4crawler:
Most Toyota mini-trucks/95.5 to 2004 Tacoma's have front disk brakes and rear drum brakes. Drum brakes are "self-energizing" meaning that they are designed such that the brake shoes are forced into tighter contact with the drum under load. If you remember your bicycle with caliper brakes, notice how the front brake was stronger than the back one? This is because the front caliper is mounted in front of the fork and the arms are pulled forward under braking, forcing the brake pads to ride up the bevel on the rim, gripping that much tighter.

Disk brakes, on the other hand, move directly towards the brake disk, and are very linear in their braking force. So, on a vehicle with front disk and rear drum brakes, some sort of front/rear brake biasing is needed (less pressure to the rear, more to the front).

On a pickup, the weight on the rear axle can very greatly depending on what's in the bed. So, Toyota added a load sensing brake proportioning valve that tries to sense the load on the rear axle and vary the brake bias accordingly. At light loads, the bias is towards the front, to keep the rear wheels from locking. At heavy loads, the bias is moved towards the rear, to spread the braking force more evenly. This sensing is done via a rod attached between the axle and the valve (that is installed on the inside of the frame). As the axle is loaded, the frame and axle get closer together as the springs compress, making the lever move.

One problem encountered when adding suspension lift to the rear axle, is that the valve senses this as a lightly loaded condition, and effectively cuts out the rear brakes. So, to compensate for this, an extension bracket needs to be installed to lift the point of attachment for the arm to compensate for the amount of lift. If you add 2" of lift, you should have a 2" extension bracket. This will move the arm back into the useable range of the proportioning valve.

Price is $20.00 for the 3.5", $21.95 for the 5.5" And we now have a 3.5" cut in 1/8th plate for $17.00 all shipping is included HERE and order from my site.

-
The two sizes on the left is a 5.5" total lift and the right is a 3.5" total lift.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Sign me up for one!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Sign me up for one!
PM coming your way
Old 10-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jerry! Can't wait to have it installed. 45acp and I are wheeling Sunday the 30th, should be here by then, right?
Old 10-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Thanks Jerry! Can't wait to have it installed. 45acp and I are wheeling Sunday the 30th, should be here by then, right?
Yeah they are going out tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Also I have 9 Blems that I cut today that I'm selling for 10.00 bucks shipped you would just need to drill the holes a little bigger a good 5/16th and 3/8th bit is all you would need but they have to be good or you will dull out the bit on the first hole.

These are the blems

the top 5 holes need to be bored out to 5/16th and the 4 lowers need to be 3/8th. And it hits the bolt for the hard line so it will have to be hit with a grinder to fit right. I widened the bracket by 1.5" to clear the hard line bolt.

This is a shot of the new ones and the blem new on the right blem on the left.

(Note) Plasma cutting hardens the edge of the cut so these holes are hardened steel and a normal high speed drill bit will dull out on the first hole.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah they are going out tomorrow.
You're the best!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Jerry,

Whats the price if picking up?
Old 10-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Jerry,

Whats the price if picking up?
20 bucks
Old 10-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
20 bucks

Might swing by then. Flying up to Seattle on Tuesday and I know Gina could use one.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #12
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Might swing by then. Flying up to Seattle on Tuesday and I know Gina could use one.

Okay just hit me up tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take a blem! I might as well replace the half-assed one I made a month or so ago... lol

Looks like a good product, Jerry!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
I'll take a blem! I might as well replace the half-assed one I made a month or so ago... lol

Looks like a good product, Jerry!
Okay PM coming your way.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #15
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
jerry put one of the blems aside for me..i'll give ya a pack of Reeses peanut butter cups for it at the next mod day
or 10 bucks your choice
Old 10-24-2011, 02:52 AM   #16
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take one.

I just installed my lift on Saturday and driving around all weekend my brakes felt funny. This may be the solution. A couple of questions.

Is this a basic bolt off bolt on? (no brake bleeding or anything)

and

if i have a 2" AAl would i have the bracket set up as in your photos?

Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 06:08 AM   #17
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
jerry put one of the blems aside for me..i'll give ya a pack of Reeses peanut butter cups for it at the next mod day
or 10 bucks your choice
Okay will do yumm I do love Reeses but I'll take the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
I'll take one.

I just installed my lift on Saturday and driving around all weekend my brakes felt funny. This may be the solution. A couple of questions.

Is this a basic bolt off bolt on? (no brake bleeding or anything)

and

if i have a 2" AAl would i have the bracket set up as in your photos?

Thanks
It is bolt on it takes about 2min to put on.

The pictures are for a 4" lift you would want to put it 2 holes down.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #18
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the mounting explained all measurements are on center. So the left lower mount is in 1.5" increments and the right higher mount is 1" increments.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
good diagram for the people who don't understand amount of lift ^
bpv is a important part of your truck.

I used to have the opposite problem with my lowered truck..the valve would sit super low to the axle..causing the bpv to tell the brakes the truck is "loaded"..so it would increase braking pressure in the rear end. Slam on the brakes and the rear wheels would lock up always lol.

I fixed it by making a bracket myself..but still lol.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #20
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
good diagram for the people who don't understand amount of lift ^
bpv is a important part of your truck.

I used to have the opposite problem with my lowered truck..the valve would sit super low to the axle..causing the bpv to tell the brakes the truck is "loaded"..so it would increase braking pressure in the rear end. Slam on the brakes and the rear wheels would lock up always lol.

I fixed it by making a bracket myself..but still lol.
So you guys with the pre Tacomas have the same BPV?