Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)

Old 06-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #201
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsgold09 View Post
I ordered a set of cmc plates on the 7th when are they going to ship?
Pm me your email address they should of shipped by now.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #203
06hawkman is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
06hawkman's Tacoma Gallery
I need to order these today. Are they still available?
Old 09-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #204
mrad is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: aviation maintenance tech
Name: michael
mrad's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys so I talked to a local shop about doing cab mount chop and the guy said that if I do it and get in an accident the insurance wont cover my truck because its considered frame damage cutting it or something. is there any truth to this. thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #205
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrad View Post
Hey guys so I talked to a local shop about doing cab mount chop and the guy said that if I do it and get in an accident the insurance wont cover my truck because its considered frame damage cutting it or something. is there any truth to this. thanks
If the CMC is done right no one would ever tell anything has been cut. That said there is 10's of thousands of cars with "frame damage" that get covered by insurance every year. I wouldn't worry about the cab mount chop. The only thing I could think of the insurance not covering would be if you messed it up so much the cab mount bent in a accident then they could say you did it. Other then that I don't see you ever having an issue with filing a claim but you never know.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #206
mrad is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: aviation maintenance tech
Name: michael
mrad's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet thanks for the input man. got my plates thanks alot they shipped like the second I ordered .
Old 09-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #207
06hawkman is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
06hawkman's Tacoma Gallery
I received these plates incredibly quick, they were shipped about an hour after payment was received. The communication was great and the plates fit perfectly! Highly recommend buying from this guy.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #211
Boost Lee is on a distinguished road
Boost Lee's Tacoma Gallery
Just placed an order for the set. Looking forward to the plates! Hopefully I can get all the work done this weekend if they arrive in time.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:43 AM   #212
Compton is on a distinguished road

Name: Cory
Compton's Tacoma Gallery
Whatcha gonna charge me to ship 2 Canada V1Y-5e4
Old 03-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #213
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compton View Post
Whatcha gonna charge me to ship 2 Canada V1Y-5e4
It's 25 bucks to ship to Canada.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #214
Compton is on a distinguished road

Name: Cory
Compton's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered this week, new 285s nxt month so gonna need it
Old 04-04-2014, 01:00 AM   #215
BlackTacoma13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
BlackTacoma13's Tacoma Gallery
stupid question but what does the CMC do exactly?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:05 AM   #217
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
there should be a 35"s version of the plate with 'L' bends for those of us that cut the finger off.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #218
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
there should be a 35"s version of the plate with 'L' bends for those of us that cut the finger off.
Working on that one I do have a cap plate I've done for guys with 35's with 4th Gen Runners but not the Tacoma "Yet"
Old 04-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #219
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
JLee. Did you see the Cab Mount relocation kit one person did? That REALLY strikes my interest. I have the CMC plates from you. Never installed them. Cut my 'fingers' off completely yesterday after I saw a portion of them 'shiny' from the rub.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #220
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
JLee. Did you see the Cab Mount relocation kit one person did? That REALLY strikes my interest. I have the CMC plates from you. Never installed them. Cut my 'fingers' off completely yesterday after I saw a portion of them 'shiny' from the rub.
i have seen it but really haven't looked into it.