Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)

Old 12-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)

Okay guys you asked for it and here it is. CNC cut Cab Mount Chop plates. i designed a plate to make the CMC a lot faster and less then what it would cost you to buy the steel at Home Depot and cut it yourself.

The plates are 12g and I can cut them thicker but it's not needed your frame is 11g
Price: $17.99 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48
To order go HERE and place your order

Here is a install I did i even used the 4.5" angle grinder to show those of you that don't have a plasma how it's done.

Tools

4.5" or 4" angle grinder with a cut off wheel & a 36 grit flap disk
Sharpie or paint pen
B.A.M.F CMC plate
120v welder capable of welding 12g
Vice grips or pliers
Some flat black paint

And all the safety equipment needed to weld and Grind.

First put the plate on your cab mount and trace it out with the sharpie.

Then cut out the trace is what I do when using a angle grinder is cut the bottom and the sides and just scribe the top and take the vice grips and brake it at the scribe.

(The removed material) you can see where he was rubbing

Tack the plate in place and stitch weld in little 1" stitches staggering them all over the plate to not over heat the body mount bushing." It can catch FIRE"

(we were running out of time so I didn't take anymore pics )
After you fully weld it take your flap disk and blend the welds and after it cools shoot it with flat black and your golden no more rubbing

Note this amount was cut to clear 285's if your tires are larger you may have to cut more
Old 12-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 12-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
nice bro will be ordering soon...makes it much easier for us
Yeah i know I've cut out a few CMC plates with just a angle grinder
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
question...i will be running 34's on a midtravel setup come spring...so ill probly cut more then you did in the pics...will ur cmc pieace still work if i take more out and weld it at alil bit of an angle?
You really cant remove much more unless you beating the fender wall in I cut flush with the fender wall. Any more and your cutting into the body mount bushing. But it should work fine
Old 12-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
hmm.. how much is labor? maybe I'll have to add this to my list of things for BAMF. lol
Old 12-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
s0000bed
Old 12-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #9
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
hmm.. how much is labor? maybe I'll have to add this to my list of things for BAMF. lol
I'll do them for 100.00 bucks.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Doin werk.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You really cant remove much more unless you beating the fender wall in I cut flush with the fender wall. Any more and your cutting into the body mount bushing. But it should work fine
Got ya , I'm gonna be doin a 1in body lift which is gonna help with fender clearance ..and I'll be smashin the pinch weld an trip in some more lol
Old 12-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
Mudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
sick dude! Your seriously making some really useful stuff and not taking a long ass time to do it. big ups.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
sick dude! Your seriously making some really useful stuff and not taking a long ass time to do it. big ups.
It's the power of the Torch the sky's the limit I'm just getting started just wait after the new year
Old 12-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #15
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
so i just went and looked and my truck and the 5 lugs have an advantage vs the 6 lugs.

the little black box we remove is the same as you guys doing a CMC except that we can unbolt ours instead of cutting it.

unsubbed
Old 12-13-2011, 07:20 AM   #16
Wicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud of

Wicked 2007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
question...i will be running 34's on a midtravel setup come spring...so ill probly cut more then you did in the pics...will ur cmc pieace still work if i take more out and weld it at alil bit of an angle?

anything more than 285's you need to chop more and take the ear off. Here is what I needed to do to get 315's (35") under.

The last picture (with the orange jack stands) was what I originally did - I then had to go back and take the ear off for the 35's
Attached Thumbnails
B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)-photo-1.jpg   B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)-photo-3.jpg   B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)-photo-4.jpg   B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)-photo.jpg   B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)-framecut.jpg  

Old 12-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #17
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 2007 View Post
anything more than 285's you need to chop more and take the ear off. Here is what I needed to do to get 315's (35") under.

The last picture (with the orange jack stands) was what I originally did - I then had to go back and take the ear off for the 35's
Yeah more will need to be removed for larger tires these plates can be used if you cut more off. Ive done CMC's for 315's and we didn't need to cut the end of the cab mount off like you did. There is so many factors that come onto play when doing a CMC you almost can't tell someone what to remove without testing it yourself.

The Ideal way to test for rubbing is to remove your front shocks and jack the tire up to the bump and turn to full lock marking where the tire rubs.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #18
Wicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud of

Wicked 2007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah more will need to be removed for larger tires these plates can be used if you cut more off. Ive done CMC's for 315's and we didn't need to cut the end of the cab mount off like you did. There is so many factors that come onto play when doing a CMC you almost can't tell someone what to remove without testing it yourself.

The Ideal way to test for rubbing is to remove your front shocks and jack the tire up to the bump and turn to full lock marking where the tire rubs.
agree'd Thats's why the first time I didnt cut the ear - I end up having to after going through full articulation - also need to cut the fender too - i ended up not doing that and just bought glass fenders. A lot of factors including rim size and backspacing - I run 16x8 with 4.5BS
Attached Thumbnails
B.A.M.F CMC plates (Cab Mount Chop)-photo-1-1-.jpg  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #19
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 2007 View Post
agree'd Thats's why the first time I didnt cut the ear - I end up having to after going through full articulation - also need to cut the fender too - i ended up not doing that and just bought glass fenders. A lot of factors including rim size and backspacing - I run 16x8 with 4.5BS
Yeah i had to cut 2" off my fenders just to drive on the street and to stop my rubbing I will need to tub the fender walls by about 1". I'll wait until I do the SAS before i do any of that so I don't have to do it twice.