Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F Powder Coating!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #261
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Hey I got a question- how tough is powdercoat?
I'm gonna get sliders and I fully intend on SLIDING. but I don't wanna drop a couple hundred on a good set, get it powdercoated, weld it on and then bust off the powdercoat the first time I go smack a boulder with it and have no way of repairing that

Is it possible to coat it twice or something? Or spray it on real heavy ? Idk.

Thanks for your time
Powder coating is the strongest "paint" you can get it is baked to the metal. However rocks will always win there is nothing that will not scratch if you hit a rock with your sliders. You can rattle can right over the powder coat if you scratch it. And putting 2 coats will do nothing but cost you more money. Powder coating wont chip like wet paint so you dont have to worry about rock chips as much.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #262
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Powder coating is the strongest "paint" you can get it is baked to the metal. However rocks will always win there is nothing that will not scratch if you hit a rock with your sliders. You can rattle can right over the powder coat if you scratch it. And putting 2 coats will do nothing but cost you more money. Powder coating wont chip like wet paint so you dont have to worry about rock chips as much.
This.
You're grinding metal against a rock. Nothing is going to hold up.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #263
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
Could you do a tool box?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #264
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
Could you do a tool box?
If it's under 8' long and 5' wide sure.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #265
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Still need to find someone to take my bumper to you.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #266
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Still need to find someone to take my bumper to you.
Oh crap! I just went up that way. Sorry!

I'll have to go back to p/u my sliders. Not sure when that will be tho.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #267
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post

yeah i thought someone else took care of it for him.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #268
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:

That would have been perfect. Lol

Well let me know if you're willing to take them for me when you go back. Thanks
Old 04-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #269
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would have been perfect. Lol

Well let me know if you're willing to take them for me when you go back. Thanks
Absolutely, I would take them with me.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #270
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a little backed up right now so that might be a wile.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #271

EMS:
Quote:
Absolutely, I would take them with me.
Awesome thanks Ian!

Quote:
I'm a little backed up right now so that might be a wile.
I understand. I'm in no rush.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #272
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome thanks Ian!

I understand. I'm in no rush.
Well the powder coating would be dont sooner them his sliders if i had the bumper now. There is about 24 orders of sliders a head of his so it might be a little bit.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #273

EMS:
Quote:
Well the powder coating would be dont sooner them his sliders if i had the bumper now. There is about 24 orders of sliders a head of his so it might be a little bit.
Oh I see. Is there an estimate of when he'll have his sliders. Maybe I can plan it so that he can bring them back for me. I can just figure another way to get them to you.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #274
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh I see. Is there an estimate of when he'll have his sliders. Maybe I can plan it so that he can bring them back for me. I can just figure another way to get them to you.
No way to estimate at this point i'm starting another slider prep the end of next week and i'll be prepping all on my list. I also have my son coming in 2 weeks maybe less so i'll be taking a few days off then to spend some time with him and helping the wife.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #275

EMS:
that's exciting! You must be stoked.

Ok well I'll keep posted. And check back with you and Ian.

Congrats!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #276
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I am thanks!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #277

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I also have my son coming in 2 weeks maybe less so i'll be taking a few days off then to spend some time with him and helping the wife.
Dude. You have to wait a few years before bringing him into the shop to work

I will PM you if I'm heading up that way.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #278

EMS:
Quote:

I will PM you if I'm heading up that way.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #279
Firstaco 07 has a spectacular aura aboutFirstaco 07 has a spectacular aura about
Firstaco 07's Tacoma Gallery
How much to do an older yamaha motorcycle frame?

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:16 AM   #280
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstaco 07 View Post
How much to do an older yamaha motorcycle frame?

Thanks.
It depends on the condition I would have to see it.