Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F LCA Skids are here!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #22
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Look badass!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #23
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, now I have this itch like crazy, I told JLee I would paint them and hang em this weekend, I woke up today thinking "well tomorrow might get rained out for work, maybe I'll do it then". I really want these on the truck like NOW!
We are going to flex the front as hard as we can at Hollister (4/22), to make sure that everything clears and they are good to go. These things are BEASTS, I have no doubt they will do what they are intended to do.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #24
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
Look badass!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Damn, now I have this itch like crazy, I told JLee I would paint them and hang em this weekend, I woke up today thinking "well tomorrow might get rained out for work, maybe I'll do it then". I really want these on the truck like NOW!
We are going to flex the front as hard as we can at Hollister (4/22), to make sure that everything clears and they are good to go. These things are BEASTS, I have no doubt they will do what they are intended to do.
DO IT!!! I think we should pull your sway bar for Hollister so we can flex it out as much as possible.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #25
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Thanks

DO IT!!! I think we should pull your sway bar for Hollister so we can flex it out as much as possible.
what's a sway bar?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #26
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Thanks

I'll bring some tools and we can pull it off when we get there, should only take a few minutes.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #27
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
what's a sway bar?

LOL! um yeah, SOME of us need the truck to handle on the street
Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #28
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL! um yeah, SOME of us need the truck to handle on the street
mine handles great on the road...OME 886 coils do a great job in keeping the front stiff enough...much better than my buddy's 1st gen w/o a sway bar that's for sure
Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #29
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I like the coverage!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #30
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i'm assuming the long inner bolt was just for test purposes, but if the outer bolt by the ball joint was not just for test fitting, you will most likely need a shorter one for any truck with extended travel fronts.

the bolt on mine is shorter than what's pictured, and just clears the CV boot by less than the thickness of a penny at full drop. just a heads up.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #31
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
i'm assuming the long inner bolt was jsut for test purposes, but you will most likely need a shorter outer bolt by the ball joint on any truck with extended travel fronts.

the bolt on mine is shorter than what's pictured, and clears the CV boot by less than the thickness of a penny at full drop. just a heads up.

You are correct, those bolts were test ones, the one under the CV is a three incher, it's going to be replaced by a 2 1/2 and the top ones will be the right height as well, I shoot some pics showing this when I put them back on.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #32
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
Sweet! I like the coverage!
I went for the MAX coverage

Quote:
i'm assuming the long inner bolt was jsut for test purposes, but you will most likely need a shorter outer bolt by the ball joint on any truck with extended travel fronts.

the bolt on mine is shorter than what's pictured, and clears the CV boot by less than the thickness of a penny at full drop. just a heads up.

Yeah those were just mock up bolts i had sitting around the shop the kit will have four 3.5" and two 2.5" bolts nuts and washers.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #33
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
fantastic. would just hate for you to go and tear a boot on the first run
Old 04-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #34
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah that was the first thing I noticed when mocking up.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #35
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice Jerry, I like how much your skid covers vital areas including the front alignment bolt/cam
Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #36
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good looks!

when in doubt...zip ties and duct tape
Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #37
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Very nice Jerry, I like how much your skid covers vital areas including the front alignment bolt/cam
Yeah that was the main reason for designing it. People came to me and said non of the skids on the market protect the cam bolt just the LCA itself . I went a step further and extended the skid all the way up the LCA so that a root or jagged rock cant contact your inner CV boot.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #38
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
The first mock up didn't completely cover the cam bolts, he increased the size and rounded the edges, it would take one hell of an impact to bend that sucker
Old 04-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #39
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The first mock up didn't completely cover the cam bolts, he increased the size and rounded the edges, it would take one hell of an impact to bend that sucker
And if that hell of a hit did bend it you can just pull the skid off and beat it back in place
Old 04-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #40
Banned
Quote:
And if that hell of a hit did bend it you can just pull the skid off and beat it back in place

It would take a BFH to bend that thing! I really like how you welded both the inside and outside of that joint, once it's coated, you can't even tell it's been welded.