LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

Swaybar

Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #41
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarqu2 View Post
What about a piston like device?
The risk is the same as if you completely removed the end link:

The disconnected sway bar end is "out of sync" with the disconnected spindle and there's now the possibility the sway bar end can contact and tear the CV boot.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #42
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
The risk is the same as if you completely removed the end link:

The disconnected sway bar end is "out of sync" with the disconnected spindle and there's now the possibility the sway bar end can contact and tear the CV boot.
If it was a telescoping arrangement, one end would be fixed to the knuckle and would move within the other end when a pin was pulled, which would keep its movement controlled. Think about a 7/8" OD rod sliding within a 1" ID pipe.

I don't think that mechanism would be cheap or easy to construct, but it might work.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #43
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would be more practical and cheaper to just develope an easier and quicker way to just remove the whole sway system for offroading and then reassemble before getting back on the road. I guess it's relatively simple already, but I want FASTER!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #44
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I think it would be more practical and cheaper to just develope an easier and quicker way to just remove the whole sway system for offroading and then reassemble before getting back on the road. I guess it's relatively simple already, but I want FASTER!!!
Even that could still be a PITA. Aftermarket bumper, winch, skid plate, all possibly in the way. You'd still need to store it somewhere when dismounted, too.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #45
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
You'd still need to store it somewhere when dismounted, too.
That's what they make friends with 4runners for!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #46

Quote:
That's what they make friends with 4runners for!
True. If they get KDSS, the least they can do is carry our loose parts.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #47
Tacoma level 27
Slesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud ofSlesse has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Slesse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
So I've talked this over with my insurance agent and It's not going to happen guys the insurance alone will cost me over $7,000 to $10,000 a year this is considered a vehicle safety device. And with the liabilities involved with sway bars I will not build them without the coverage.
Can't you just call it an "off road" only type device and "not for highway use"
Old 07-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #48
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to build one:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...isconnect.html
Old 07-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #49

Good luck!