Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

BAMF behind the grill light bar Group Buy #2

Old 06-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF behind the grill light bar Group Buy #2

TheSpecs are

3/16th Mild steel
CNC plasma cut
Mig welded
All SS hardware is included
Offered in bare metal or powder coated

Bare metal $75.00
Powder coated black $120.00

If you would like to order click HERE and place your order

The list
1. fullstream
2. Canoeski
3. dustin81 Powder coated
4. dp4x4
5. Tvbd56 Ready for pickup
6. RattleSnake44
7. wtbthree
8. Pooter
9. Burritos Taco Powder coated
10. truckoma11
11. ShaLor
12. xyourlocaldjx
13. ty.s07
14. Sunnyz Autosports
Old 06-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
do u got any pics of it installed
Here is one form Tim's thread

Old 06-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the order
Old 06-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a TRD Offroad... how much room is there with that aux cooler? How thick of a light fits between the aux cooler an a non satoshi mesh grill?
Old 06-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
If you have a TRD Offroad... how much room is there with that aux cooler? How thick of a light fits between the aux cooler an a non satoshi mesh grill?
So your trying to put lights behind a stock grill?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested!
I have a Grillcraft on order, and since I can't test it, does anyone know how the Grillcraft mesh will affect light output? Does it matter if you use incandescent or LED lights?
I like how the bracket is designed to allow fore and aft adjustment; might that affect the light scattering to some degree?

(Just installed the BAMK LCA skids- I'm impressed.)
Old 06-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
I'm interested!
I have a Grillcraft on order, and since I can't test it, does anyone know how the Grillcraft mesh will affect light output? Does it matter if you use incandescent or LED lights?
I like how the bracket is designed to allow fore and aft adjustment; might that affect the light scattering to some degree?

(Just installed the BAMF LCA skids- I'm impressed.)
I think the grill craft will rob some light with the holes being so small but i couldn't tall you how much.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I think the grill craft will rob some light with the holes being so small but i couldn't tall you how much.
You can see the lines if you are pulled up close to a wall but with the Pair of Kragen's I hung off this bar they are wicked bright even with the mesh on the Grillecraft.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
You can see the lines if you are pulled up close to a wall but with the Pair of Kragen's I hung off this bar they are wicked bright even with the mesh on the Grillecraft.
And there is your answer
Old 06-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And there is your answer
Then sign me up!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then sign me up!
Go ahead and click the link and place your order once I receive confirmation i will add you the the list.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'm going wheeling this weekend -See if I can't get some photos to compare. But My opinion totally worth it!!!
Are those Kragens HID's? I'd prefer not to go HID's since I may be turning them on/off frequently. I'm leaning towards LED's. (Maybe ADV's if they bring back a group buy)

I would love to see more pics from behind your Grillcrafts! Thanks.

(JLee: payment sent!)
Old 06-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #16
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are those Kragens HID's? I'd prefer not to go HID's since I may be turning them on/off frequently. I'm leaning towards LED's. (Maybe ADV's if they bring back a group buy)

Added
Old 06-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #17
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:

Mine are HID but as long as the logs you choose throw a strong amount of light-I would think that the light lost to the grille mesh would be the same.
You can check out my gallery for some initial photos from my install and some of the lights on from close and far away.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Added

(why are we both sitting here on the computer on a beautiful Father's Day? I'm spending "quality time" with my 17 y/o son: he's in his bedroom playing that damn cRAP music, and I'm on TW)

I'm going paddling...
Old 06-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #19
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So your trying to put lights behind a stock grill?
No between the aux cooler and a grillcraft.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
No between the aux cooler and a grillcraft.
Oh okay I don't know the space between off hand but im sure one of the guys running these will chime in.