Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

JLee

Old 07-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
JLee

I don't own any BAMF products (though I suspect I'd like to) but I've met JLee and wanted to make a quick post about my impression of the man.

Not too long ago I met JLee out in Moab at a Tacoma gathering (for which he put up some free swag IIRC). He had come in at IIRC like 3 or 4 AM and we were up and at em at 8 or something the next morning.

Our first day out on the trail I blew up my diff but didn't realize until we got off the trail. I aired up after the run and by the time I finished everyone had left before I realized what had happened.

I didn't have anyones number and camp was a ways out of town. I tried to find a few guys' numbers with no luck before I thought to check here on the BAMF forums. Sure enough I found his number and even though we'd just met once briefly I called him and he came right back to where we had all parked.

He called Alvin who then also came back to help. (User w3tw0rks)

Alvin, JLee, and JLee's wife, Lisa, all spent the next 3 or so hours of sunlight (after a full day awfully hot day on the trail) helping me to diagnose the issue and then limp home to camp, which was quite a ways out of Moab.

All three of them were absolutely outstanding in coming through for me. They also helped to calm me down as I was a bit nervous about how I was going to get the truck home. They actually offered to give me an insane amount of their free towing through AAA if it came down to it. I don't know what I'd have done without em and I can't thank Jerry enough, hell of a guy. Or both Alvin and Lisa for that matter.

I don't want to turn this into a sob story but boy I've got nothing but excellent things to say about the guy, it was a good deed and it showed his character. I figure he must run an excellent business too from what I've heard and seen. That's all.

JLee

I owe ya friend.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Every dealing I've had with Jerry had been awesome !

And this story just goes to show how personable he is and his drive to help the community!

Also his wife loves Canadians : D so I need to get him north of the border for some more wheeling
Old 07-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a good crew to be out with!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not surprised to see a post like this. Not at all. Thanks for bringing this up. These are awesome people. Jerry does a lot for us and Alvin is always there for the rescue. OMG his truck is one huge first aid kit for Tacomas....

But once you meet the rest of NorCal, you will find that we are all one big family that takes care of each other. Always. <3
Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
I'm not surprised to see a post like this. Not at all. Thanks for bringing this up. These are awesome people. Jerry does a lot for us and Alvin is always there for the rescue. OMG his truck is one huge first aid kit for Tacomas....

But once you meet the rest of NorCal, you will find that we are all one big family that takes care of each other. Always. <3
It was decided at MOAB Alvin could rebuild a full front end in the parts he carried
Old 07-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah Alvin thought to bring a few things I didn't! He had everything! Very helpful and a great guy as well! My most sincere thanks go out to Alvin equally.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
<3
Old 07-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Another great TW story. Unfortunate about your truck; however it's great to be reminded of people assisting one another in times of need. It's another example of the people making TW a great site.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
BUT, does he deliver?

Jerry seems like a hell of a guy.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #12

Haha I'm sure he does.

Diff was fixed less than a week later! Also managed to drive home 2wd locked since I destroyed a side gear and not my ring and pinion or spiders.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #13
chicka chicka, yeah!
mclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant future

Air Force: 4A271
Name: Jake
mclovin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
BUT, does he deliver?

Jerry seems like a hell of a guy.
this was way too funny. but yeah jerry is pretty cool cat, even with his products. i got one of those flashy new light bars from him and turns out they don't work well on the '12s with 7" lights . he ended up swapping me for a brand new one built the right way for these new grills. plus his sliders are more then awesome.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #14
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the kind words Max there was no way i would of left you guys stranded up there alone

We had a great time trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with your truck. Hell I was the first time I've pulled a axle shaft on a 2nd Gen and yes Alvin is the mobile auto parts store for FREE!!! best guy to wheel with

Oh and derekabraham I do deliver i delivered 3 diff skids and 4 sets of LCA skids to MOAB
Old 07-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #15
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the man of the hour shows!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post

Oh and derekabraham I do deliver i delivered 3 diff skids and 4 sets of LCA skids to MOAB

As soon as I have some extra cash, I'll be ordering something from you. I don't know exactly what yet, but I'll figure it out.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #17
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
As soon as I have some extra cash, I'll be ordering something from you. I don't know exactly what yet, but I'll figure it out.
Sounds good I've got a few things to choose from
Old 07-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words Max there was no way i would of left you guys stranded up there alone

We had a great time trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with your truck. Hell I was the first time I've pulled a axle shaft on a 2nd Gen and yes Alvin is the mobile auto parts store for FREE!!! best guy to wheel with

Thank YOU and much thanks to Lisa for having patience and keeping Jen company. I know Jen was a little worried.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
Yeti Hunter

Quote:
Sounds good I've got a few things to choose from
your 2nd hand back next week?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #20
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome!