Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F 2nd Gen rear shock relocation kit.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #261
Basikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of light
Firefighter: Mechanic on s64 skycrane and S61
Basikbiker's Tacoma Gallery
so when u guys are cutting off the stock shock tower locations are these new brackets basically replacing the oem ones? like stock u have one leading and one trailing shock or are you moving them both forward? im pretty sure im going to go this route this is my only question I got honestly
Old 04-22-2014, 04:26 AM   #262
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basikbiker View Post
so when u guys are cutting off the stock shock tower locations are these new brackets basically replacing the oem ones? like stock u have one leading and one trailing shock or are you moving them both forward? im pretty sure im going to go this route this is my only question I got honestly

You can set them how you want really but we have mounted them all forward of the axle.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:00 PM   #263
Basikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of light
I know your site and stuff says 3.75 backspace but can I get away with stocks with 1.25' wheel spacers for a while till the piggy bank fills back up so I can smash it again and buy new wheels?
Old 05-01-2014, 05:13 AM   #264
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know your site and stuff says 3.75 backspace but can I get away with stocks with 1.25' wheel spacers for a while till the piggy bank fills back up so I can smash it again and buy new wheels?
It really depends on your wheels. What are you running now?
Old 05-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #265
stock offroad wheels with 1.25" wheel spacers with 265/75/16 toyo at2, I would like to put 285's on when the other tires wear out. so I just looked up the stock backspacing and with wheel spacers it would put the wheels around 4" back space
Old 05-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #266
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
stock offroad wheels with 1.25" wheel spacers with 265/75/16 toyo at2, I would like to put 285's on when the other tires wear out. so I just looked up the stock backspacing and with wheel spacers it would put the wheels around 4" back space
Yeah it will be close when you flex.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #267
sweet just ordered em, and your cab plates, and shortly after ordered king2.0 12" smoothies from dsm, I swear this website has made me spend soo much money on awesome shit, im stoked to be broke lol
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #268
Hey one more question, anyone running limit straps? If so what length are u using?
Old 05-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #270
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Limit strap length would vary between trucks unless you mount it in the exact spot. Weld your tabs on, measure for eye to eye, buy straps. Straps will stretch around 10%, so plan for that.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #271
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
No limit straps on my setup, Right now the leaf springs are the limiting factor, the 12" shocks I have in still have a bit over of inch left in them at full droop.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #272
Hey how much travel do you want left in your shocks at full droop? I got the towers tacked in, just need to locate the lower mounts on the axle, just read the post above this, I'm gunna shoot for an inch
Old 06-04-2014, 06:25 AM   #273
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
anybody done the relocation with Icons?
Old 06-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #274
So far so good, so glad I went this route instead of making my own, saving me a lot of time and beer cans, it's all straight and parallel, 90* to axle and 9* rake! picture is a funny angle
Old 06-06-2014, 12:42 AM   #275

Took it for a rip down a pretty baby head rocky rough road, and god dang big shocks are nice, time to crank the fronts up a little more
Old 06-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #276
Nate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Nate
Nate87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So far so good, so glad I went this route instead of making my own, saving me a lot of time and beer cans, it's all straight and parallel, 90* to axle and 9* rake! picture is a funny angle
Nice! I ordered some as well and am just waiting for them to be sent out after Jerry returns from Moab. All other parts are ready to be thrown on but just need the towers. Do you have any photos of the axle mount location? Also, what did you attach the reservoir to? I see the hose clamps but what's the anchor point? Thanks.

Nate
Old 06-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #277
Ruff Stuff makes weld on resi mounts, they're for 2.5's but a little squeeze on em and they fit tits, I can take pictures in a couple weeks,( I'm at work) but they ended up with the bottom bolt about flush with the bottom of the axle, honestly tho everyone is going to put them in a different spot, I measured with the axle bolted up to the springs and bumps tacked in, then measured from the bump strike pad to the metal base of the bump(where it could theoretically squish too) added about 3/4" to the measurement, set the shock shaft stroke to that and tacked the mounts in. All said and done I got in the end 3/4" buffer on bottom out and plenty of shaft travel for flex and droop. I tested it too, I hit sum shit in my truck at speed that definatly bottomed shit out, checked how much stoke I used and it's spot the fuck on, jerry makes a badass little kit
Old 06-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #278
clupi is on a distinguished road
clupi's Tacoma Gallery
Extended towers

I was wondering if you guys can help.... Ive had my shock towers for a few weeks but have not put them on yet. I was curious how high of lift you guys are running with the 12" shocks? I havent started yet because im still colecting parts to box my frame, I have a shackle reversal and am planning on using Chevy 63" springs. So far I have all the parts and material minus the shocks. I am wondering if im ok with the bamf towers or If I should get something taller for a longer shock! Are you guys ok with a 12" shock or would like a longer stroke shock? I wanna do this once
Old 06-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #279
Flipping the shackles will probably lift your truck, you really need to put the springs on and cycle them with your bumps mocked in there and take measurements and see what kind of travel you can cycle. Depending on the numbers you get, really depends what shocks you'll need, I'm ball parking maybe u can fit 14" travel 2.0's, lots of variables u got tho, I'd start by cycling the springs with your shackle flip and measure stuff
Old 06-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #280
clupi is on a distinguished road
clupi's Tacoma Gallery
Flip kit

The flip kit should give me about 2"-3" lift but after I put in the Chevy springs im hoping not to br more than 4" all together. I dont want my rear to be much higher than the front. It it a good idea to cycle the suspension befor I get shocks... I found local deal on some 12" im tempted to buy