Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

B.A.M.F 2nd Gen rear shock relocation kit.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #121
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. Maybe I'll just get 35s and see if I can eventually make it work down the road. Or I'll get 33's. Too many decisions to make . $80 for this is nice and cheap though
Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #122
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I'm thinking it's 4.5" it's really all the tire the 4.5" BS would be the deepest with a 285+ tire. Full bump your good it's just flexing out the tire gets close to the frame. When designing the kit i tucked the shock as tight as possible without cutting the bed. You could get it a little closer if you want to drill a small hole in your bed to put the bolt on the back side of the shock mount that would help out about an inch. but most people don't want to drill a hole so we didn't do it that way but you have the option.
Hmmm. I previously hadn't considered this because of the tire contact issues. I will be running 305s on 4.3" backspacing. If I drill the hole in the bed, you think it will work?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #123
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post

You can see here if you drilled a hole in the back of the upper mount you could get that nut closer to the side of the bed. The problem is that upper is so close to the bed you would have to drill a hole in the bed to do so.You might beable to get away with not drilling but I'm sure the nut would contact the bed side. In the next batch I'm just going to cut a larger hole in the back side of the upper mount to give you guys that option with the only modification being a small hole drilled in the bed. Doing this with give you another 0.695" of clearance it's not much but it could be the difference between hitting the tire or not and full flex. Just doing so would make it so the 2.0 shocks would be to only thing you could run. It's kinda a toss up to get longer shocks in without cutting changes need to be made IE wheel spacers or less BS wheels. If you don't mind cutting the bed you can always cut the bed and move the uppers further in giving you more room for tires.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #124
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
just placed my order
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #125
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Added the Spidertrax to the just installed B.A.M.F. Shock relocation buckets, 2.5 King 12" stroke remote resi's and Deaver custom 5" lift pack

Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #126
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
How big of a hole did you cut into the top of the bucket? I might just add that in the next batch so the 2.5's will clear in all of the kits.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #127
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I really want/need a set of these. I need to take some measurements to see if they'll fit with the new shoes...
Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #128
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
This is where the mount had to be cut to be able to fit the 2.5's
Old 04-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #129
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
This is where the mount had to be cut to be able to fit the 2.5's
Thanks i will adjust the file for the next run.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #130
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #131
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
we may have taken the bed off to do this

Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #132
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
whoa!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #134
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Thanks i will adjust the file for the next run.
Just returned from OCS and will be keeping track of this thread to get in on the next run!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #136
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Danks View Post
just what i was looking for. considering something like this in combo with Defined SUA kit. 12" shock would be too short then? 14?
I know nothing about the defined kit so the best thing to do would be to order both before the shocks and measure for shocks once everything is on the truck.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #137
xSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xSectionxEightx's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to Bay area next week. I will be getting a set of these for sure. I can't wait to get rid of my hoop setup!!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #138
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the difference between King and Fox shock mounting? Would it be as easy as larger bolt hole or the hole in the top to make room for it? I would like to stay with Fox all around.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #140
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
Whats the difference between King and Fox shock mounting? Would it be as easy as larger bolt hole or the hole in the top to make room for it? I would like to stay with Fox all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
X2
Your guess is as good as mine I would assume eye to eye shocks would be the same. As far as I know a 1/2" mounting hole is the standard. The main thing is compressed and extended lengths.