Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

Picture Request - DCSB Sliders w/ Filler Plates

Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #21
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm digging that.. Looks good.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #22
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I'm digging that.. Looks good.
Yeah, Jerry's guys did a nice job on them! They were a PITA to prep because of all the nooks and crannies but the results were worth it.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #23
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Yeah, Jerry's guys did a nice job on them! They were a PITA to prep because of all the nooks and crannies but the results were worth it.
Yeah I got the reg weldons w/no kick and it was a pita for me, couldn't imagine with the filler plates.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #24
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Yeah I got the reg weldons w/no kick and it was a pita for me, couldn't imagine with the filler plates.
that's why I went with the powdercoating
Old 03-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #25
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
that's why I went with the powdercoating
I didn't spend the $ on the coating, I knew it would get ruined pretty quickly. I'll stick with thespray on bed liner.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #26
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Hmmm... might have to rethink this whole thing. Thanks for the heads up on it being a plug weld, I guess I was thinking it was a couple tacks around the outside that could be broken by lining up a flat head screw driver with the tag and giving it a good knock. I might be hitting you up for some new BAMF plates depending on which direction I go with this. I just don't want to get too frisky with it and end up bending the step plates

What do you think about flooding the letters with some sort of epoxy paint and sealing around the perimeter with some sort of sealant?

That could work if not you can bang them off and i can send you some new ones and you could drill and bolt them to the fill plates.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #27
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
That could work if not you can bang them off and i can send you some new ones and you could drill and bolt them to the fill plates.
Sent you a PM. I got ambitious today and knocked the old plates off. There was a lot of rust underneath them and rust stains were starting to develop around the plates. I figured I'd just fix it right and not waste time with different types of paint and sealing the rust in.