Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

Picture Request - DCSB Sliders w/ Filler Plates

Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Picture Request - DCSB Sliders w/ Filler Plates

Does anyone have BAMF sliders for a DCSB with the filler plates? Just trying to get an idea of what they look like when they're on the truck. Preferably without the kick out. Thanks in advance! Jerry, hopefully you have actually sold a set like this
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
No one has filler plates with a SB all filler plates sold have been LB trucks.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
No one has filler plates with a SB all filler plates sold have been LB trucks.
Well... that answers that question. Someone has to be first
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #6

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
Can we get some pictures of sliders with filler plates on LB truck, I saw them on a pallet, but what do they look like mounted?
I just ordered a set with fill plates. They are DCSB, no kick out and layed a little flatter. Pictures will follow

Found these in one of the BAMF threads:
Old 01-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #7

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

Jerry, one thing I noticed that you did different is the filler plate is one big piece rather than individual sections. I think it makes a nice, clean look for the top. I might actually bondo the edge on top so it's a smooth transition from the plate to the bar (we'll see just how much work that ends up being though...)
Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

Jerry, one thing I noticed that you did different is the filler plate is one big piece rather than individual sections. I think it makes a nice, clean look for the top. I might actually bondo the edge on top so it's a smooth transition from the plate to the bar (we'll see just how much work that ends up being though...)
Yeah i felt it looked too busy with a bunch of plates i like the way they turned out they will look even better painted.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

They're coming along! I got them primed this weekend, they just need a couple coats of bedliner and they'll be ready to mount up. Not completely decided how to make the BAMF badge stand out and make it look nice yet. I've got a couple ideas though
Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

They're coming along! I got them primed this weekend, they just need a couple coats of bedliner and they'll be ready to mount up. Not completely decided how to make the BAMF badge stand out and make it look nice yet. I've got a couple ideas though
Ahh why ruin a nice pair of sliders with the shitty looking bed liner? Why not a smooth finish with some nice semi-gloss black?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Ahh why ruin a nice pair of sliders with the shitty looking bed liner? Why not a smooth finish with some nice semi-gloss black?
Meh, I don't mind the look of Rustoleum's bedliner, it looks just like flat black paint... I've got it on my NFab light bar and my lower valance and it looks just like flat black paint but has some subtle texture for grip (since they have plates, they will be used as side steps). You have to understand my use for sliders, they'll be side steps 99% of the time with the ability to save my ass on a trail. All that and bedliner is tougher than just rattle can paint, it'll hold up to being used as a step a lot longer.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Bedlinered and ready to go...

And finally got my sliders mounted today

I don't know how to flip this one, sorry...

Overall, I'm pretty happy with them! I think they look great and I know most people who buy sliders won't go for the filler plates but the step is functional for me. Thanks, Jerry
Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Mike!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
That looks great! I'll get some sliders once the money fairy drops some money in my accounts
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #15

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looking good Mike!
Thanks, Jerry. Your guys did a nice job!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #16

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Update, if you have these in an area where they salt the roads, you might want to think about knocking the BAMF tag off the plates, painting the tag separately and putting it on afterwards. The only place mine are rusting is between the tag and the plates and I don't have any way to stop it. I'm going to knock the tag off, paint the area under the tag, paint the back side of the tag, apply something thing to the back (to keep separation between the plate and the tag), and rivit it back in place. While the tag is off, I might do something to make the letters stand out, haven't decided yet. Just a heads up. I thought the bed liner would have been thick enough to seal things up but I guess not Other than that (which really has nothing to do with the way they're built, just the fact that MA likes to salt the hell out of the roads), these things are great!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Update, if you have these in an area where they salt the roads, you might want to think about knocking the BAMF tag off the plates, painting the tag separately and putting it on afterwards. The only place mine are rusting is between the tag and the plates and I don't have any way to stop it. I'm going to knock the tag off, paint the area under the tag, paint the back side of the tag, apply something thing to the back (to keep separation between the plate and the tag), and rivit it back in place. While the tag is off, I might do something to make the letters stand out, haven't decided yet. Just a heads up. I thought the bed liner would have been thick enough to seal things up but I guess not Other than that (which really has nothing to do with the way they're built, just the fact that MA likes to salt the hell out of the roads), these things are great!
Yeah the salt can get behind it maybe try super glue or a paint able caulking on all the cracks then paint over it before ripping off because you will destroy it and you will never get it flat again.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah the salt can get behind it maybe try super glue or a paint able caulking on all the cracks then paint over it before ripping off because you will destroy it and you will never get it flat again.
I thought about that but I didn't want to trap in the salt that's already gotten in there. I was worried about ruining the plate but I figured if I messed it up, I'd give you a call about buying a couple new ones
Old 03-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought about that but I didn't want to trap in the salt that's already gotten in there. I was worried about ruining the plate but I figured if I messed it up, I'd give you a call about buying a couple new ones
Yeah you will destroy them unless you drill them out then your going to need to fill the holes on the sliders. I also sanded down the plug welds so you don't know where they really are so it would be hard to drill them out.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah you will destroy them unless you drill them out then your going to need to fill the holes on the sliders. I also sanded down the plug welds so you don't know where they really are so it would be hard to drill them out.
Hmmm... might have to rethink this whole thing. Thanks for the heads up on it being a plug weld, I guess I was thinking it was a couple tacks around the outside that could be broken by lining up a flat head screw driver with the tag and giving it a good knock. I might be hitting you up for some new BAMF plates depending on which direction I go with this. I just don't want to get too frisky with it and end up bending the step plates

What do you think about flooding the letters with some sort of epoxy paint and sealing around the perimeter with some sort of sealant?