Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

BAMF 2nd Gen Light Bar w/URD TCAI fitment

Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Scrotie McBoogerballs
armyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rough

armyoffoo's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF 2nd Gen Light Bar w/URD TCAI fitment

Does anyone know if the behind the grill light bar for the 2nd Gen will work with the URD true cold air intake? I was thinking about getting the light bar, but wanted to be sure it would work since I already have the intake.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
The bar should clear it because the mounts for the bar are above the area where the CAI come through
Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I think the bar itself will fit but putting lights back there might be a problem.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
Scrotie McBoogerballs
armyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rough

Do you know how far forward from the radiator do the mounting bars sit? Just want to make sure there is room for the tube and filter element behind the light bar. Also, the intake uses the same mount as the light bar, but that might not make a difference.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Scrotie McBoogerballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I think the bar itself will fit but putting lights back there might be a problem.

Cool, I was just going to do one LED bar at the bottom if it will fit.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
You can kind of get an idea with mine

Old 11-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
Scrotie McBoogerballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea only about 2/3rds of it wouldn't be useable. My dad had the TCAI and he had to trim his stock grill to make it fit.
He had to trim the grill to fit the light bar, or the lights? I am only looking to get an LED bar that I would place towards the bottom of the grill, so it would hopefully fit under the intake.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #10
Scrotie McBoogerballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
You can kind of get an idea with mine
Yeah, I guess it won't fit. Looks like the triangle brace in the middle would interfere with the filter element. Guess I'll have to come up with something else.