Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

ORI-Struts Available from BAMF

Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #141
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
yea sorry, worded it weird. For the ORI's not the SAW's.
Ahh i see you have to limit the down travel with the ORI's because the UCA will bind because of the added droop.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #142
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
video is uploading today from yesterday. ( will be live at the link below )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS8pd...ature=youtu.be
Looks good, but holy crap, your body is just bouncing around on the frame mounts.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #143
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha time for a new Uniball and body mount lol, maybe check your torque on that too

any numbers on up and down travel??
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #145
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Ahh i see you have to limit the down travel with the ORI's because the UCA will bind because of the added droop.
I figured as much. Just wondering what are some good reasons of going from the coilovers I have now to ORI's, especially on an IFS rig??
Old 08-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #146
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Then the extended length is too long. I thought the internal limits and bumps were one of the major advantages to the ORI's to begin with?

Aren't these being built to spec anyways or are they just a generic 8"? If the latter is the case maybe see about getting them built to spec to fully take advantage of the ORI's?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #147
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Then the extended length is too long. I thought the internal limits and bumps were one of the major advantages to the ORI's to begin with?

Aren't these being built to spec anyways or are they just a generic 8"? If the latter is the case maybe see about getting them built to spec to fully take advantage of the ORI's?
Yeah the first set that went on were 10" travel (going to LT soon) so we had to limit them. The 8's will be close on the down travel but the bump is used with removing the factory bump but we might still have to limit the 8's as well if the UCA binds up.

These are just a standard ORI if the porting needs to be changed or the oil levels need changed in them we will have them built like that but so far they are doing great on and off the trail the way they are.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #148
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Do you still have any in stock?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #149
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
No not at the moment i have a few sets on order but none in stock.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #150
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He will in a few weeks! You should def pick up a set of the 8's
Old 08-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #151
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
I think I will. So they come with limit straps and the coil bucket adapter for $1300?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #152
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
I know these are incredibly expensive but wouldn't they fix the cv binding issue with these shocks?
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index...jifs-toy1.html
Old 08-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #153
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I will. So they come with limit straps and the coil bucket adapter for $1300?
Yes everything is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 552Jrider View Post
I know these are incredibly expensive but wouldn't they fix the cv binding issue with these shocks?
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index...jifs-toy1.html
We have found it's the UCA the binds before the CV so the CV's are good.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #154
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Jerry! Any word if these would work for a 1st gen long travel??? Just curious runing numbers looking at multiple options for building the new rig! I dont think ill be SAC for a little while as Im going to build up some axles first, looking at running something for around a year to two years

Would love to be SAC by moab next year, but I dont see it as a viable option stupid priorities :P
Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #156
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
Jerry! Any word if these would work for a 1st gen long travel??? Just curious runing numbers looking at multiple options for building the new rig! I dont think ill be SAC for a little while as Im going to build up some axles first, looking at running something for around a year to two years

Would love to be SAC by moab next year, but I dont see it as a viable option stupid priorities :P
Yes with LT For sure they will fit.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #157
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
what would a set of 10's cost??? and timeline ish??
Old 09-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #158
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
what would a set of 10's cost??? and timeline ish??
I'll have the check and get back to you on the 10's. I think the lead time is still 8 to 10 weeks but it could be less.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #159
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
thanks Jerry
Old 09-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #160
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man these look sick--saw a set on one of the guys in our group up in Maine on the 31st. Looked like he had 14" struts all around on his crawler. The pistons on these are massive! I f'n wish I knew about these before the plunge into Icons...congrats on becoming a dealer, looks like this company's gonna be around awhile