Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

BAMF Presidents Day/Tax time sale 30% OFF!!!

Old 07-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #241
looneytunemagoun is on a distinguished road
Name: james
looneytunemagoun's Tacoma Gallery
Got sliders today Jerry look sweat can't wait to get them on thank u
Old 07-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #242
4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all
4x4fishin's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine, just gotta paint em and get em mounted. They look good. Does anyone have a step by step instalation guide. These are a little different from the ones on my FJ as the frame on the FJ was already tapped.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #243
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4fishin View Post
Got mine, just gotta paint em and get em mounted. They look good. Does anyone have a step by step instalation guide. These are a little different from the ones on my FJ as the frame on the FJ was already tapped.
Mine have been at the powder coater since last wednesday and havent even started on them. I'm pissed.
Anyhow, I figured once you hold them up to the frame the holes in the frame and the lack of holes in the frame should help with understanding. I havent opened the bag of hardware to know what is in it, or know what size drill bits are needed to drill the remaining holes, so ya I may need some 411 as well.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #244
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4fishin View Post
Just bolt them up with the side holes and then drill the lowers. It's pretty straight forward. The long brackets are for the front plates you will see it's a pain to get your arm in there.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #245
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
I'm starting the install. Powder coater got mine done.

Not sure about the front bracket. Pardon my ignorance

I can see the extra arm on the bracket helps u hold it. The 4 steel pieces I'm not positive about. Do they go between the bolt and the slider? Example pic .
I think so since I have 14 washers and 7 bolts extra. Please confirmBAMF Presidents Day/Tax time sale 30% OFF!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373673667.183901.jpg
Old 07-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #246
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
I'm starting the install. Powder coater got mine done.

Not sure about the front bracket. Pardon my ignorance

I can see the extra arm on the bracket helps u hold it. The 4 steel pieces I'm not positive about. Do they go between the bolt and the slider? Example pic .
I think so since I have 14 washers and 7 bolts extra. Please confirmAttachment 222838
Those go on the back side of the frame you will see when you try and bolt them up and the nut will not hold without the big washer on it.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #247
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
I see more now that I tried bolting up. You tried calling me. Can you try again? One more question and I think I got this
Old 07-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #248
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Got them installed. Chewed up 2 bits and burned my arm

BAMF Presidents Day/Tax time sale 30% OFF!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373687499.340806.jpgBAMF Presidents Day/Tax time sale 30% OFF!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373687532.784562.jpgBAMF Presidents Day/Tax time sale 30% OFF!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373687545.534125.jpgBAMF Presidents Day/Tax time sale 30% OFF!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373687559.400787.jpgBAMF Presidents Day/Tax time sale 30% OFF!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373687588.984292.jpg
Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #249
4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all4x4fishin is a name known to all
4x4fishin's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics. Last coat of textured rattle can just went on mine. Will hopefully mount this evening or tomorrow. Did you step through different drill bit sizes or just go for it? Did you drill the bottom holes with the sliders already mounted?
Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #250
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Bolt the sides. If you have a second set of hands that Helps but i laid on my back and lifted the sliders with my knees as such. So do the sides make sure that the bottoms are flush. You may have to get all sides secured but not crazy tight then use a rubber mallet and hammer the bottoms so it lifts up and stays flush. Then I drilled the bottoms and I used 3-4 different sizes to make life easy on myself. Ultimately u use 1/2". Then I bolted the bottoms up secured tight. I then rechecked the sides and then done.

The drivers side can be a pita. The brake lines (I think?) run down that side and where you bolt. So it took more finesse to do it. The front drivers 2 side and front 1 lower I used my girlfriends 11 yr old son as his arms/hands are tiny and he was able to get in there no issues. My hands hit the lines and it pissed me off so I gave up.

I went through 2 bits of each size. I didn't buy expensive stuff so I don't care.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #251
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Weekly check-in.

Any updates?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #252
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
Weekly check-in.

Any updates?
Yep just working out details with Conway your pallet getting wrapped today. PM me the shipping address again so i can get the quote and get you guys the invoices.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #253
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent
Old 07-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #254
lurx is on a distinguished road
lurx's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up my sliders from Conway yesterday. Have not done a test fit yet, but is the bend on the left normal (front - drivers side slider) ?
Attached Thumbnails
BAMF Presidents Day/Tax time sale 30% OFF!!!-photo.jpg  
Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #255
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurx View Post
Picked up my sliders from Conway yesterday. Have not done a test fit yet, but is the bend on the left normal (front - drivers side slider) ?
No that bend is not normal they damaged them they are bent the same for both sides. Pm sent!
Old 02-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #256
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
So...is this happening again?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #257
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
The Diff skids won't be in sale but that's really about it.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #258
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I was all excited and then I saw the date. Fail 2013
Old 02-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #259
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
I was all excited and then I saw the date. Fail 2013
Dang! You and me both!
Old 02-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #260
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah sorry guys no sale today we do have something on sale everyday just keep up with this thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...al-thread.html