Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Bay Area Metal Fabrication

Notices

BAMF 2nd Gen Tailgate CB antenna mount.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #21
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Did you ened up painting it or keeping it raw? What antennae do you have?
I painted it, but then scuffed it up around the mounting holes. Ill have to get back to you on the antennae, I'm away from my truck for the week and I cant remember off hand what antennae it is
Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #22
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Still making these ?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #23
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Still making these ?
Yep
Old 04-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #24
dewey smith is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
dewey smith's Tacoma Gallery
What colors are available on the powder coat?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #26
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey smith View Post
What colors are available on the powder coat?
The black coal is the standard if you want at custom color it would just be the price of the powder. So anywhere from 15 to 25 extra depending on the cost of the powder.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #27
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered this. Should help solve my CB ground plane issues!

Does a ground need to be run to this or is already grounded simply by being bolted where it is?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #28
DMart will become famous soon enoughDMart will become famous soon enough
Firefighter:
Name: Dennis
DMart's Tacoma Gallery
How big is the hole on these? I'd need a 3/4" for an NMO Antenna Mount.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #29
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post

Does a ground need to be run to this or is already grounded simply by being bolted where it is?
I did not run a separate ground wire, the bolts appear to have done the job
Old 05-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #30
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMart View Post
Just let him know . I requested the 3/4" hole too . Not sure yet if he was able to do it . Looks 3/4 though .
Old 05-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #31
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMart View Post
The hole is 5/8th but can be drilled out to 3/4" easily.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #32
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It sould be good if the bracket is bare on the mounting locations. If you have issues you can just ground the nut on the bed to the frame that would be a solid ground.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #33
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
It sould be good if the bracket is bare on the mounting locations. If you have issues you can just ground the nut on the bed to the frame that would be a solid ground.
Okay sounds good. I bought the already powder coated one and will just take off the paint where I need to. I just hope you are able to ship this kind of quick. I need some time to set it all up before the Moab trip. Obviously if it solves my problem then it will only take 20 min, but if my SWR is still high then I will need time to figure out the problem.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #34
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay sounds good. I bought the already powder coated one and will just take off the paint where I need to. I just hope you are able to ship this kind of quick. I need some time to set it all up before the Moab trip. Obviously if it solves my problem then it will only take 20 min, but if my SWR is still high then I will need time to figure out the problem.
I'm pretty sure i have a few powder coated ones in stock so it will ship tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #35
Kick A$$ Member

Thanks for the fast shipping! I got it and installed it. It completely fixed my issues I was having with my CB. JLee feel free to use these pictures on your website if you want to. I can also email them to you if you need me to.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #36
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
Jerry, why did you use such a dirty truck for your marketing?

You should have made that ass wash his truck before showing up at your shop...
Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #38
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarider View Post
Jerry could you cut a bottle opener in the outside edge of these that would be great ! two birds kinda thing

Dood, a bottle opener welded onto this antenna mount would be ahhhhmaze balls.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #39
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for when I get my ham radio set up.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #40
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
so sad, i just tried to run the 18ft cable from there to my glove box, realized it was too short.

Then i read up about velocity factors, and I realized that 18ft is actually not a good cable length for RG58. :P I'm going with a wayyyyy longer cable now.