Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Beefed Taco

Notices

Bolt on steps for sliders are here!

Old 11-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #61
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is a 80% daily commuter, 15% hauler and the rest recreation. I don't wheel much if at all but it's something I'd like to eventually do.

As for the steps, I'd like to weld them on for strength and a clean one-piece look. My question is (probably an obvious one), if I ever decide to take it offroad, will this pose a problem?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #62
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTaco View Post
My truck is a 80% daily commuter, 15% hauler and the rest recreation. I don't wheel much if at all but it's something I'd like to eventually do.

As for the steps, I'd like to weld them on for strength and a clean one-piece look. My question is (probably an obvious one), if I ever decide to take it offroad, will this pose a problem?
I can always send a set of steps without the clamps that could simply be welded to a set of round or square sliders. For round, the steps would come already notched for the diameter tube the sliders are and ready to weld. These would be very affordable since 80% of the work when building them is in the clamps.

Vulnerable offroad? It just depends on what you get yourself into. The material is .120 (1/8" thick) and the diameter is 1.25" (1-1/4") and is definitely strong. My wife has hers welded on her Avalanche and the left rear has some yellow paint on it and when I asked about it, she was reluctant to say, but finally told me she hit it on a little pole in the McDonald's drive thru. Didn't hurt the step at all and protected the body of the truck. I was more upset that she was taking my new son through McDonalds than hitting her steps.

Now I call them her "whiskers" like a cat has...they'll hit before the body does.

Attached Thumbnails
Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-11-14-001.jpg  
Old 12-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #63
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the purchase Mark! I know you'll like these, everyone has so far!
Attached Thumbnails
Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-10-11-2011010-2.jpg   Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-10-11-2011-005.jpg   Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-dsc01839small.jpg  
Old 08-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #65
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Attachment 153395

So solid and SO SO easy!!! The wife is wicked stoked about them-And the second set doesn't fit her rig-So I get a pair too!!!
I just realized you posted here! Thanks! What size are your wife's bars? I can make these for any diameter tube. I recently sent 4 to a guy with a FJ and 2 to another guy with a FJ, they both loved them. The FJ is offered with a 2" tube from the factory, and these were what both of these guys' FJ had. Thanks again for posting up Brunes! Glad your wife likes them, happy wife happy life!
Attached Thumbnails
Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-fj1.jpg   Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-4-4-12-001.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #66
Taco Vending Machine

There's a link to my website in the contact area of my profile. (or click my sig below)

OPTIONS
#1. Expanded Steel
#2. Standard Round
#3. Rubber Adhesive Diamond Plate

Offered individually (one for full price) or as a pair (two discounted 10%) or as a set (four discounted 20%).

Attached Thumbnails
Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-scoes.jpg   Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-scosr.jpg   Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-scoradp.jpg   Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-fj1-2.jpg   Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-fj2-2.jpg  

Old 10-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #67
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
There's a link to my website in the contact area of my profile. (or click my sig below)

OPTIONS
#1. Expanded Steel
#2. Standard Round
#3. Rubber Adhesive Diamond Plate

Offered individually (one for full price) or as a pair (two discounted 10%) or as a set (four discounted 20%).
Can you make them with the bolt below so it's not as visible?
Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #68
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
Can you make them with the bolt below so it's not as visible?
There's no way to hide the bolts, other than painting them black to blend in. It's the step, the caps, and the bolts that squeeze them together.

Attached Thumbnails
Bolt on steps for sliders are here!-handles-grab.jpg  
Old 10-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #69
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
There's no way to hide the bolts, other than painting them black to blend in. It's the step, the caps, and the bolts that squeeze them together.

I see they are bolted on both sides. I thought it only bolted on the one.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #70
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the current lead time, if any on these?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #72
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
Read all four pages, still can't find a price...?
Go onto his website under store and then under sliders and you will find the price there.

http://stores.streetacos.com/-strse-...Categories.bok