Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Beefed Taco

Notices

Rear EXO bumper build 2011 Taco

Old 10-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Rear EXO bumper build 2012 Taco

Title is supposed to say 2012 Taco. Here are a few pics of a bolt on rear EXO bumper I just made on SAIRS' truck. I'm not sure how many 2nd gen trucks have something like this so I just thought I'd post up.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bee...dclb-bolt.html
Attached Thumbnails
Rear EXO bumper build 2011 Taco-10-4.jpg   Rear EXO bumper build 2011 Taco-10-4-1.jpg   Rear EXO bumper build 2011 Taco-10-4-2.jpg   Rear EXO bumper build 2011 Taco-10412017.jpg   Rear EXO bumper build 2011 Taco-10412014.jpg  

Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
looks great, follows the lines really well.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
looks great, follows the lines really well.
Thank you Eric. Appreciated.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
How does it attach? Are the sides braced back to the frame somehow?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
How does it attach? Are the sides braced back to the frame somehow?
It attaches to the 2 factory hitch bolts in the rear, (the 2 hitch nuts under the step on the factory bumper) The OEM hitch also has 2 holes on it's side brackets that weren't being used so I chose to run the side braces to them. I built 4 custom mounts that attach to the factory hitch in 4 places. Two in the rear, one on each side. I didn't get any pics of the mounts but should have. I went the extra mile to ensure it will take abuse and got 99% of the flex out of it. Thanks for asking.

Maybe SAIRS can post some pics of the mounts if he gets a chance. Right now he's probably sleeping...he drove fron Utah to CA to hang with some friends and also have me make this thing, along with some custom rock sliders. He had crazy ideas that turned out to be really nice and I did my best to ensure he drove home 100% satisfied.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good and doesn't look like it stands too far away from the bumper. Nice work
Old 10-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Looks good and doesn't look like it stands too far away from the bumper. Nice work
Thanks Mike. It's about 1-1/2" from the stock bumper, or two fingers will just about fit between it and the rear bumper, and the same for the sides and the bedside. I don't like to make things too close to the body since it's intended to protect it and if it were to flex and make contact, that defeats the purpose. Plus you can stand on it without grinding your foot on the paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear EXO bumper build 2011 Taco-captured20046600017.jpg  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
It attaches to the 2 factory hitch bolts in the rear, (the 2 hitch nuts under the step on the factory bumper) The OEM hitch also has 2 holes on it's side brackets that weren't being used so I chose to run the side braces to them. I built 4 custom mounts that attach to the factory hitch in 4 places. Two in the rear, one on each side. I didn't get any pics of the mounts but should have. I went the extra mile to ensure it will take abuse and got 99% of the flex out of it. Thanks for asking.

Maybe SAIRS can post some pics of the mounts if he gets a chance. Right now he's probably sleeping...he drove fron Utah to CA to hang with some friends and also have me make this thing, along with some custom rock sliders. He had crazy ideas that turned out to be really nice and I did my best to ensure he drove home 100% satisfied.
Hey Brian,

Thanks again for everything. I finally made it home after stopping in Vegas for a little sleep and ummm....well it happened there and it will stay there so....

I'll get some pics taken as they are mounted now, then will get some more shots when I pull it off to get it powder coated / painted. I cant tell you how many people stopped and just stared at the truck and circled around it when I was parked on my way home.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
looks good.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #11
Taco Vending Machine

Thanks Ryan, and glad you made it home safe Kelly. (seeing how you had to go through vegas)