Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Beefed Taco

Notices

x-runner & 2WD 5-lug Skid Plates

Old 01-25-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
x-runner & 2WD 5-lug Skid Plates

These bolt on skid plates fit the 2WD 5-lug and x-runner. It replaces the 2 stock thin metal braces under the front and protects the steering rack and oil pan. PM for details, thanks. Beefed.
Attached Thumbnails
x-runner & 2WD 5-lug Skid Plates-beefed-x-guard-w-holes-00005.jpg   x-runner & 2WD 5-lug Skid Plates-beefed-05-guard-00018.jpg  
Old 01-31-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
These skid plates are legit. Couldn't be happier with the quality and the price. To my understanding, there aren't any companies that make skid plates for the '05+ 5-lug Tacomas. Toyota doesn't even make an OEM one for them either. They're very easy to install. Simply unbolt the stock metal braces and bolt on the skid plate with the bolts that held the braces. These are well-built by the man himself and very affordable.

Here are some pics of it installed on my Tacoma:

Old 02-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
What does the truck being a 5-lug have anythhing to do with the skidplate?
Thanks for asking. The front of the frames are different on the 2WD 5-lug / x-runner than the 4x4/Prerunner (6 lug) This let's people know exactly what model it fits without finding out the hard way.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Great! Thanks for the response and I'm glad that you cleared up my question. Let me know if you build one for a 6-Lugger.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:49 AM   #6
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
So, I'm not clear, this fits on a 2008 Prerunner?

let me know.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
no, it won't fit the prerunner. prerunner and 4x4 are 6 lug.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #8
jjtnova is on a distinguished road

jjtnova's Tacoma Gallery
Do you do a skid plate/bull bar combo for an 08 ?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
Crazy Person.....
br217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nice
br217398's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to br217398

Beefed, would i need to take my bull bar off? thread resurection
Old 03-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
no, it won't fit the prerunner. prerunner and 4x4 are 6 lug.
True, the frames are different. I have a sweet skid plate for the 4x4/Prerunner, but the prototype is about 95% done, I'll make a thread when it's finished. (another item I'm lagging on)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtnova View Post
Do you do a skid plate/bull bar combo for an 08 ?
What model p/u?

Quote:
Originally Posted by br217398 View Post

Beefed, would i need to take my bull bar off? thread resurection
Not really sure, where's that attach?

UPDATE: The last splash guard I made I decided to put some side pieces on it because the dude said he was getting alot of mud in front of the engine. So this very last one I also made a curved top piece to help fill the gap in front too...

Old 03-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #11
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hey beef is that for the 5 lug as well, and is that sheet aluminum or steel, look aluminum but just checking and looks good btw.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #12
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
hey beef is that for the 5 lug as well, and is that sheet aluminum or steel, look aluminum but just checking and looks good btw.
Yep, it's for the 05+ 2WD 5-luggers and x-runners. Bolts on with the steel frame and the plate and sides are aluminum. Thanks.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiekc View Post
Are you still selling these and how much are they running for...
I sent you a PM regarding the skid plate for the 5-luggers. Sorry for the late reply too.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Are the pre-05 guys just shit outta luck with these? I've got an 04 5-lug but I'm guessing this won't fit? Might be too much to ask but could you modify this slightly to make it work?
Old 11-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #16
good thread dig up. contact him on customtacos.com. he is over there all day
Old 02-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #18
Taco Vending Machine

I do make bolt on skid plates for the 1st gen 5-lug. What year is your truck?

Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #19
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
I do make bolt on skid plates for the 1st gen 5-lug. What year is your truck?
sweet action! How much would a skidplate for an '04 (base 5 lug) be?
[edit] also, can the oil pan be drain during an oil change with the plate on or does it need to come off?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #20
Taco Vending Machine

Hey thanks for the interest. I just sold 2 of these recently. Oil pan bolt is no problem. This skid plate can be seen or purchased on my website by clicking my sig below, and then going to the products page and searching skid plates. I have a few options on the 2nd gen 5 lug model. I'm sure you'll probably want the one with the 3 side splash guards on it, most guys have. I can also replace the main bolt in aluminum plate with weld in steel plate if you really plan on bashing stuff. This is the model with the 3 splash guards...these aren't stamped steel skid plates, they're a tube frame style as seen on CORR race trucks. They're offered with or w/o holes in the main plate. (see example in beginning of thread)

Shipping is calculated by area, and not included in the listed price on the site. It's always affordable, usually in the $15 - $25 range and sent FedEx with a tracking # and usually deal with that once it's boxed and calculated, the customer just pays then.

I have a edible version that can be eaten shown in the last picture.