1. VENDOR WARNING: There are reports of customers unable to get in contact with this vendor. Therefore, we cannot recommend purchasing from this vendor until Tacoma World staff are able to establish contact with them again.
  2. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Waiting for carrier bearing drop

Discussion in 'Beefed Taco' started by Marcoc, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Mar 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    Marcoc

Marcoc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road LB
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR LB white w/tech package
    Hoping the vendor sees the title. I ordered a carrier bearing drop on 2/12/14 and sorry to say still haven't received it. I understand a few weeks but its soon to be a month and I was charged. Hoping he gets it out soon.

2. Mar 10, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    MTopp

MTopp Professional bear handler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4x4
    trifecta tonneau, pop n' lock, Depo black bezel headlights, mb 352 wheels, 265/75r16 cooper at3s, visors, colormatched 2011 grille with raptor LEDs, much LEDs in and out Future/wanted: black valence, hood scoop, catback, CAI, 285/75r16s, OMD leaf pack mod
    Huh, that blows, hopefully the Amazon deal goes though for us so it can bring up your spirits

3. Mar 10, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    ZachMX

ZachMX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 AC, 08 DCSB, 11 AC,15 DCLB, 16 DCLB,17 DCSB
    who'd you order from OP, I know streettacos has a 4-6 week wait, as stated on their website.

4. Mar 10, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    ZachMX

ZachMX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 AC, 08 DCSB, 11 AC,15 DCLB, 16 DCLB,17 DCSB
    just noticed your running a 2.5'' lift. having vibes with that small of lift? guess its a roll of the dice, was lucky to have none with my 3''.

5. Mar 27, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Yea I had slight vibe from the lift, nothing crazy. the drop is for my OME lift that I am waiting to install.

6. Mar 27, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    So I ordered the carrier bearing drop on 2/14/14 and it is now 3/27/14 and still nothing. This is getting a bit annoying :mad::mad:

7. Mar 27, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    TacoRob08

TacoRob08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Fredericton, NB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    17 Sport DCLB
    AFE high tuck exhaust, OVTuned base 91
    Just go to a hardware store and buy some washers.

8. Mar 27, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    did that didnt work out

9. Mar 29, 2014 at 10:03 PM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Still havent heard from this guy. About ready to get my money back.

10. Apr 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    DesertSand

DesertSand Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Pedro, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB Nautical Blue
    In the same boat, but for sliders

11. Apr 2, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    you guys try picking up a phone and calling?

12. Apr 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    DesertSand

DesertSand Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Pedro, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB Nautical Blue
    That would be a no. Been communicating via email thus far. On that end I have had luck.

13. Apr 7, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    I'm sorry guys. I'm here and alive. Normal lead time for carrier bearing brackets is about 3-4 weeks, but crept up this new year due to a bunch of large overdue jobs. Rock sliders, 4 link kits, etc. I've been working hard at getting the overdue jobs out and trying to get things back to normal here. It's just me here so I have a hard time getting caught up as quickly as I'd like. I've been backed up before and pulled through, but this last one from the end of 2013 and into this new year has been harder with more items to get finished. The good news is I've made good headway and things are actually starting to get better, even though it may not feel like it on the customer's end.

Honestly, a 4 week wait in the custom parts business isn't that bad (we call it 4 weeks, not a month ;))

All of these smaller items would have been out these past couple weeks but I had a group of overdue sliders that needed to go, and more are on the list. I promise anyone waiting, their part is right around the corner.

I appreciate every order I receive, and I do work very hard here, nobody wants items shipped worse than me, but I just got really behind and I'm trying very hard to get caught up here. I rely on fresh orders as any small business does to keep things moving and get people their parts as quickly as psychically possible. I'm sorry for the wait guys.

One last thing..in times of backlogs such as this, my communication isn't as good as it is when things are running normal here, mainly because I'm either in the shop working on machines to get stuff made and shipped, or sitting here on this computer while the machines are turned off. I try hard to not let any emails slip through the cracks, I receive a ton of them, but during extremely busy times like lately some tend to get buried. Email is always the best way to contact me, my wife helps monitor them. Lately I've been working very long days and normally try to get to as many emails as time will allow in the am, but can get trapped and turn 15 minutes into a day real easy on the computer.

I just saw this thread via email notification, but see it was made last month. I had to have received a notification at some point earlier than today, but may have accidentally deleted it thinking it was one of my slider threads. This is the first time I've seen this thread.

14. Apr 16, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    Murd out Tundra

Murd out Tundra New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 tundra 6 inch lift 35's
    Wow, ive been scowering the threads to see if Streetacos was still in business. Im in the same boat with you guys above, waiting on a carrier bearing drop bracket. Ive called, emailed, texted etc. kinda scary when you place an order for something , pay for it online, ask a simple question and vendor does not comminicate. But, from what i see his parts are best around. I guess i have to wait, fingers crossed that i actually get the part within his listed lead time. You would think that he would have a stock of these pre-fabbed ready for ship. I wish there were more options for a carrier bearing drop bracket that actially fits. But for now STREETACOS has us by the balls..

15. Apr 17, 2014 at 5:21 AM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Guys just to help the vendor out I did receive the carrier bearing drop about a month later. He contacted me via the forums and it reassured me. Status on install us its a very well made part. I installed it in conjunction to my OME 3" full kit and guess what vibes are pretty much gone. I am very happy with outcome so far. Worth the wait.

16. Apr 17, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Picture of it installed

image.jpg

17. Apr 17, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Since you don't have your profile filled out, I can't do any research to find out who you are and expedite your order.

I do my best to get to all of the texts, emails, forum PM's, voicemails, etc, but I have to eventually fire the machines up in the shop and psychically work too if people are to receive their parts.

If I made 20 brackets in hopes of having a stocked shelf, they would all be put in boxes and shipped to the others who have been waiting, then I'd be right back to square one, receiving orders and building parts. If all I built was drop brackets, I could stay caught up on them, but I make a 125 other things too and some take multiple days, some take weeks, like 4 link kits etc. I'm a small growing business building custom parts with a lead time. When I'm communicating nothing is being built, and when I'm in the shop working I'm not communicating.

Thank you.

18. Apr 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Something else worth noting, since I deal with this a lot...I have LEAD TIME and SHIPPING INFO listed in the DETAILED DESCRIPTION on items in my webstore for viewing before the order is placed so the customer knows what to expect.

I've been doing this for years now and I've come to realize 98% of people don't bother reading the detailed description before they order and then I receive their email days later on how long they can expect to wait. I'm very fortunate and thankful that once I return their email and give them this info they are very nice and understanding.

These brackets ship USPS Priority Mail and the customer receives their USPS email with shipping info and tracking number once the label is printed online when the item is finished or close to being finished. I track all items on my phone app too.

19. Apr 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    Murd out Tundra

Murd out Tundra New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 tundra 6 inch lift 35's
    I can surely understand where you are coming from streetacos. I sent u a p.m with my personal info.

20. Jul 27, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    wobble

wobble Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ridgefield, WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR
    Modified RCD Lift, 315/70R17 STT Pros
    I'm having the same problem with him. I ordered one 8 weeks ago and still haven't received anything. I've Emailed him 3 weeks ago, but got no response. I realize there is a 3-4 week lead time (according to the website), but 8 weeks and no communication or product? This is just poor customer service. I wish I'd have seen this thread before placing my order.

To Top